Thread: Lean spike going from part throttle to WOT

Tuner

Lean spike going from part throttle to WOT

I have it in OLSD because I'm getting annoyed at the AFR and RPM swings coasting either in gear or not in gear.

I've tried using the BE table and letting the car be leaner in the PE table but for some reason BE didn't kick in until 160kpa so I have since junked that table.

I'm getting terrible lean spikes entering PE. So today after fixing my IAT sensor I took a drive with the meth off. I have no problem during WOT with my AFR. I always get a huge error % between 85-135kpa and below 3600rpm. It's never in the upper RPMs. Today I got a huge AFR error % entering PE but I just kept the TPS at 30% and held it there. Look at frame 2266 and 2267, I'm wondering why it did this with no drop in fuel pressure and also why it went into PE at that moment.

Is this just simply a combination of a delay in the equipment, not enough air movement through the system, wrong injector data like it's not opening fast enough or this voodoo wall to impact factor?

Also the afr swings when I release the gas pedal and coast, in gear or in neutral and it's much worse while in CL is annoying. Is this simply the RAF table or a combination of that and injector data?

2003 Z06 stock engine with LS7 lifters, LS9 head gaskets, head studs, BTR springs and thicker pushrods. Centri blower making around 8lbs through a stalled auto using a PCS transmission controller.
    CURRENT TUNE.hptSD TUNING.cfgno meth current tune 6-21.hpl

Quote Originally Posted by danieloneil01 View Post
    I have it in OLSD because I'm getting annoyed at the AFR and RPM swings coasting either in gear or not in gear.

I've tried using the BE table and letting the car be leaner in the PE table but for some reason BE didn't kick in until 160kpa so I have since junked that table.

I'm getting terrible lean spikes entering PE. So today after fixing my IAT sensor I took a drive with the meth off. I have no problem during WOT with my AFR. I always get a huge error % between 85-135kpa and below 3600rpm. It's never in the upper RPMs. Today I got a huge AFR error % entering PE but I just kept the TPS at 30% and held it there. Look at frame 2266 and 2267, I'm wondering why it did this with no drop in fuel pressure and also why it went into PE at that moment.

Is this just simply a combination of a delay in the equipment, not enough air movement through the system, wrong injector data like it's not opening fast enough or this voodoo wall to impact factor?

Also the afr swings when I release the gas pedal and coast, in gear or in neutral and it's much worse while in CL is annoying. Is this simply the RAF table or a combination of that and injector data?

2003 Z06 stock engine with LS7 lifters, LS9 head gaskets, head studs, BTR springs and thicker pushrods. Centri blower making around 8lbs through a stalled auto using a PCS transmission controller.
    CURRENT TUNE.hptSD TUNING.cfgno meth current tune 6-21.hpl
    I'll look at the log and see if anything jumps out at me. FWIW, I ditched the PE and the BE and fueled directly from the VE. BE took way too long to engage, and I wanted my AFR to vary with boost (for no real reason). I've been happy with it so far

Advanced Tuner
    In your tune, you have it set to go into PE at 3200rpm, 20% TPS, 75KPA. My guess is that since it's past 2800 rpm, it's looking at that 3200 rpm cell for TPS.

As far as the lean spike, I assume you are looking at the AFR error number?
    What is happening there is that the WB doesn't respond instantly, so your error is showing the transition into PE. That's normal behavior.
    It looks like it transitions into PE quite nicely.

Ron
    Y2K C5 A4 Coupe (10.78 @ 127) Cathedral port 6.2
    S476 L33 5.3 69 Nova 8.76 @ 158 Drive to the track street race car
    06 Cobalt SS bought new

Tuner
    Well I've went back to injector data that a tuner gave me for my motron 60# injectors. I've lowered the TPS enable to 20% and MAP enable to 75kpa and the Rate to 2.0. It always gets the lean spike right when it goes into PE which is right after where the MAP enable is set to. My FP is just fine and I don't believe that's the problem.

Is it also normal for the AFR to swing when you decel? By swing, it'll lean completely out of range for the WB and goes as low as 11:1 but will stop when I get close to stopping. It does this in CL and OL. I have no DFCO on either. There should be a few in that log.
    Last edited by danieloneil01; 06-22-2014 at 12:11 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    There is no lean spike on your wideband.

Swinging high and low is pretty normal when you lift off the throttle. Both my cars do it.
    Do you have DCFO enabled?

Tuner
    DFCO is set at 285* for all of it. I'll just live with the swings I guess. If I lift the pedal and just coast to a stop the AFR will stop swinging around 10mph or so if I remember correctly.

Last edited by danieloneil01; 06-22-2014 at 04:01 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    The sharper tuners can help. But I just live with it as well.
    My turbo car I don't care. My vette I think I'll turn DCFO back on and see how it behaves.
    Have fun