Thread: In need of people smarter than me......my first ford

Tuner in Training

In need of people smarter than me......my first ford

2008 mustang 4.6 auto k&n typhoon intake, bbk 62mm throttle body, factory manifolds, xpipe, no cats. Has been tuned. Belongs to a buddy of mine that just bought it built this way. he had a 3.73 gear put in and I was setting up the gear change in his speedo. This vehicle just will not accelerate till about 4000 from a dead stop. It is just like traction engages, have turned switch on dash off then read on here how to disable in computer. Even if you sit and get the tires spinning as soon as you take off the engine pulls back till no spin.The timing seems slow to ramp up and the point of 28 degrees is where the car takes off. I have gotten frustrated and I know I am overlooking something stupid. Help before I pull what little hair I have out mustang saturday.hplstang.hpltraction control test.hptmustang stock tune.hpt

Quote Originally Posted by bewarechevette View Post
    2008 mustang 4.6 auto k&n typhoon intake, bbk 62mm throttle body, factory manifolds, xpipe, no cats. Has been tuned. Belongs to a buddy of mine that just bought it built this way. he had a 3.73 gear put in and I was setting up the gear change in his speedo. This vehicle just will not accelerate till about 4000 from a dead stop. It is just like traction engages, have turned switch on dash off then read on here how to disable in computer. Even if you sit and get the tires spinning as soon as you take off the engine pulls back till no spin.The timing seems slow to ramp up and the point of 28 degrees is where the car takes off. I have gotten frustrated and I know I am overlooking something stupid. Help before I pull what little hair I have out mustang saturday.hplstang.hpltraction control test.hptmustang stock tune.hpt
    had this once on my old 08 gt ,I had removed the IMRC plates(steeda kit I think) with a tune for the plates being gone,removed SCT tune before trading it in on a 08 Vette but did not reinstall the plates, it had no power till about 4000 rpm the dealership contacted me and I gave them the plates which were supposedly installed, any chance this happened to this car?

Tuner in Training
    My biggest problem right now is not knowing the car and the system. I am an lsx guy and still trying to get my head around the amazing amount of tables and different terminology in the ford. The factory plates are installed the switch is still enabled in the software. I will try to find a good stock tune to do some deeper compare files with his. He also wanted me to install delete plates. After doing a couple of logs and runs, I just want to see what this is before I do anything. He installed 555r tires on it last week. The car now dead hooks on the street so this only multiplies the feeling of it pulling slowly till 4000. Thanks for the the input, exactly what I need just some more eyes in the thought process. What you are describing sounds like mine, and I figure it is going to be something out of place like this that I will find.