Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LNF Starter Flash

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar

LNF Starter Flash

This post is just to put a general file out to the public in the forum list.
    This should hopefully solve all the questions about where do i find one, is it stage kit tuned, and other frequent starter questions.

Cautions and Warnings
    1A) I am not responsible for any mechanical or electrical defects prior to, or if you are unfortunate, after flashing this to your ecu/engine. I will not compensate for damages period. This means no full payment of repairs, no partial payment of repairs; if anything fails you get nothing from me, the problem is yours and yours alone.

1B) Destroying my reputation because you loaded a starter file that works for my car but not yours is illegal and punishable in any state under defamation.

2) If you haven't watched the LNF videos or read any of the most common LNF Threads then i highly recommend doing so before loading this and scattering parts because you don't understand how to properly tune out the problems. (If failure results see 1 A&B)

3) If you don't understand the software do not load this file you may damage your ecu. Ask for help until you are comfortable and proceed at your own pace safely.

4) This tune is programmed for 3 Bar GM Stage kit Sensors. DO NOT under any circumstances drive this for long periods or under medium to high loads period. For temporary operation, people drive to a shop on 2.5 Bar sensors to have the 3 Bar sensors installed. In this case drive like old people and stay out of boost, distances not recommended to exceed about 30 miles max. (if destruction occurs see 1 A&B)

5) This tune was starting calibrated for LNF Vehicles with CAI, Full 3" cat-less exhaust and factory KO4 GM Turbocharger. It will make roughly 22-24 psi depending on application. Monitor boost pressure by making low load runs and increasing the load slightly each time to verify over-boosting is not occurring. Failure to comply can result in engine failures. (see 1 A&B)

6) AFR is dropped to a safer range on the normally ran rich side. Not verifying AFR in the same method as boost will cause premature failure...normally piston ring lands but not to exclude valve train failures and sealing failures. (see 1 A&B)

7) Torque management has been removed from this tune to include a rev limit increase to 7200. Revs over 7200 on the factory valve train will cause premature failure of valve train components not to exclude ejected rockers, cam lobe failures, journal failures, and piston contact damage. (see 1 A&B)

8) Due to increased power demands of this tune it is highly recommended to take the time to verify your cooling system is in proper operating condition. If necessary buy a new thermostat for gods sake! Also, provide yourself access to every pressurized intercooler tubing clamp and re-tighten that little bastard again. More often then people think i get complaints about bad tunes when really the problem is a blown off tube preventing proper boost.

9) This tune is for non-maf relocated vehicles. Failure to correct maf location requirements will cause tune discrepancies and possibly engine failure. (see 1 A&B)

10) This tune is for factory re-circulation intake systems only. Failure to correct atmospheric bov requirements will cause tune discrepancies and possibly engine failure. (see 1 A&B)

11) If your vehicle has a catalytic converter this tune has the cat overtemp protection disabled and can cause premature failure. (see 1 A&B)

12) Some DTC codes have been disabled in this tune. If the codes disabled do not pertain to your modifications, leave them alone! Failure to comply can prevent warning systems from functioning properly and saving you costly repairs. (see 1 A&B)

13) Timing has been increased in the high load ranges to a safe 14* maximum advance. If you do not properly verify and correct KR events then mechanical failure will occur. (see 1 A&B)

14) The attached configuration includes custom made .pids which may make some tables not work. in order to make them work you will need to create and plot either a (ltft+stft) .pid or (Boost lo res - baro sensor) .pid.

With that all put out there, i have no problem assisting in tuning procedures or familiarization of the HPT Software. I will only guide you up until a point where vehicle experimentation will be required to finalize your calibration. At that point you will be entirely on your own. All guidance from myself will be given at my convenience. I don't always have free time but when i do i usually share it with forum members from here. As always, i highly recommend a solid state/loading capable dynomometer for tuning. Good Luck and enjoy your new learning experience!

RDR.hpt
    LNF.cfg
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by cobaltssoverbooster; 06-20-2014 at 12:42 AM.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Cool. May want to specify what year(s) it is compatible with.

2008-2010 cobalt...the only changes between the years is the cams...same for the soltice gxp and sky except those also have a few tables with different axis values. i copy this bastard into everything even the hhr's and ldk/lhu's on bosch ecu's.

for obvious reasons you can't pay the credits and flash this to your ecu or else as most everyone knows the bcm will lock you out. so be smart and use for copy and paste

tune re-updated
    Last edited by cobaltssoverbooster; 06-20-2014 at 12:43 AM.

if you have a set of upgraded lhu fuel injectors installed multiply the injector constant by 1.15
    if you run e85 multiply the injector constant by 1.3 to get it running. if you were like me and running e99 secondary distilled and charcoal filtered to e100 then try 1.4 and adjust from there. most of you probably aren't due to cost of materials and licensing but there's the head start info.

why the drastic change to lambda efficiency at .90 and .85?
    2003 Ford excursion 6.0 PSD
    No limit intake
    Straight pipe
    Studded
    EGR delete
    KC billet single plane compressor wheel
    Self Tuned
    XDP Regulated return
    RDP Fuel sump
    AEM progressive water meth
    Custom suspension air bags
    8" lift
    35" tires

.86 is the safest high rpm range but leaner starts make good trq down low so I ramp it in on 2 axis but with 4 columns to smooth instead of a ton of ve columns you get junk clarity and larger stepping

Yeah im not understanding the lambda efficiency change, can you clarify a bit more please? Thx
    The Daily: 08 SS/TC, fully built 2.0L LDK, Wiseco pistons, K1 rods, ARP head studs, upgraded main bolts, S257sx-e, Opels, ZZP stage 2 cams, BRC 5th injector, E47, AEM E85 fuel pump, custom 3.5" intake and PCV system, custom catless downpipe, 4.05 LSD, custom KY frankenclutch, ZZP full 3" catback with res and muffler, lowered on CM springs, lots of other ZZP parts, built and tuned by BRC Tuning.

PICK TWO: CHEAP, FAST, RELIABLE

.86 is 12.63 afr which is the happy zone most factory lnf's like to be around.
    to make low end power when the cylinders are colder and can afford to be ran hotter you can lean them out to .9 which at low rpms also prevents fuel bogging from too much fuel.
    .90 is 13.22 afr.

its just a rampped in starter point, you can fine tune the start afr adn ramp rate on the dyno to what your car actually wants.

I don't think you understand our question, we were taking about the lambda efficiency torque management calculation table, it makes the ecu think you are making very efficient torque at your target lambda and backs off power. I got very curious as to why you did that, and I tried that one table in my tune and it cut boost back about 5psi. So we were just wondering why you'd want to make the engine think it's more efficient, thus limiting power at that lambda.

That's what my car wanted..like I said it's not specific to anyone but me it gets you close. I changed that table to limit a boost creep I saw with afr.

Is the 17.5mpa fuel pressure safe to run?

its all safe as long as your afr is on point

Senior Tuner
    hopefully you didn't just put your balls in a vise.
    The most hated, make the most power.
    93 Ranger. 5.3 D1X. 1069hp.

You will see a point where your trims start to increase. That's your injector staying shut under pressure. Back psi off at that point.

Potential Tuner
    I am getting a code p0481 a secondary fan cycling. What is the best way to remove this code.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    I am getting a code p0481 a secondary fan cycling. What is the best way to remove this code.
    What made you decide to post a reply in this thread from a long time ago, about a cooling fan code that you have?

Should have just made a new thread on your issue, instead of taking this specific thread off topic.

But to answer your question, if you are not going to fix the issue with the cooling fan. Then you can set the code to disabled. But I would think fixing the issue, instead of deleting the code, would be the best answer.

Tuner in Training
    So after having a crazy KR issue with my tune I decided to start fresh using CSSOB's file as my base. The issue I cant figure out right now is @wot I'm commanding a .82 even though in my PE table the lowest I have it going down to is a .84 (just for safety with the new tune. The other thing that is odd to me is during my first 2 or 3 pulls I would get 1 or 2 degrees of knock but it would go away. when I did my last pull the knock was gone? Any reason this would happen and should I make a timing change or start pulling fuel and act like I didn't get that knock at the beginning of the log? And I have had trouble getting the scanner to read higher boost levels but for reference I'm running 25Lbs @ peak. 6758 full bolt ons 93 octane.
    Attached Files Attached Files

the only tables that add fuel are modifiers. did you disable cat over temperature fuel table? that is the usual culprit.

Tuner in Training
    Hi there,

I have been asked by a friend to assist with tuning of an Opel GT/Saturn Sky 2.0 2007 model.
    He bought a used turbo/intercooler kit, most likely one of the larger packages from Performance Autowerks, said to provide approx 525hp.!!
    The whole package is installed, w. open air filter, performance exh. manifold, large turbo, dp & cat. Intercooler + 3 bar map sensors from GM Stage 1 set.
    The problem is that he does not have the correct/corresponding tune file, and is not able to identify the turbo performance/size.
    The following info was loaded from the original ECU before it was “fried” during his tune attempt last year.
    (It is later bdm opened again and loaded with the original file)

Type: Opel GT (I4) 2007, E69
    VCM ID: 86YMWH440060013
    ECM OS ID: 12610055 [Editor] [Scanner] E69

Will the LNF starter Flash guide be a good start on this, and the attached tune? Copy paste to the stock tune?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by cobaltssoverbooster View Post
    This post is just to put a general file out to the public in the forum list.
    This should hopefully solve all the questions about where do i find one, is it stage kit tuned, and other frequent starter questions.

Cautions and Warnings
    1A) I am not responsible for any mechanical or electrical defects prior to, or if you are unfortunate, after flashing this to your ecu/engine. I will not compensate for damages period. This means no full payment of repairs, no partial payment of repairs; if anything fails you get nothing from me, the problem is yours and yours alone.

1B) Destroying my reputation because you loaded a starter file that works for my car but not yours is illegal and punishable in any state under defamation.

2) If you haven't watched the LNF videos or read any of the most common LNF Threads then i highly recommend doing so before loading this and scattering parts because you don't understand how to properly tune out the problems. (If failure results see 1 A&B)

3) If you don't understand the software do not load this file you may damage your ecu. Ask for help until you are comfortable and proceed at your own pace safely.

4) This tune is programmed for 3 Bar GM Stage kit Sensors. DO NOT under any circumstances drive this for long periods or under medium to high loads period. For temporary operation, people drive to a shop on 2.5 Bar sensors to have the 3 Bar sensors installed. In this case drive like old people and stay out of boost, distances not recommended to exceed about 30 miles max. (if destruction occurs see 1 A&B)

5) This tune was starting calibrated for LNF Vehicles with CAI, Full 3" cat-less exhaust and factory KO4 GM Turbocharger. It will make roughly 22-24 psi depending on application. Monitor boost pressure by making low load runs and increasing the load slightly each time to verify over-boosting is not occurring. Failure to comply can result in engine failures. (see 1 A&B)

6) AFR is dropped to a safer range on the normally ran rich side. Not verifying AFR in the same method as boost will cause premature failure...normally piston ring lands but not to exclude valve train failures and sealing failures. (see 1 A&B)

7) Torque management has been removed from this tune to include a rev limit increase to 7200. Revs over 7200 on the factory valve train will cause premature failure of valve train components not to exclude ejected rockers, cam lobe failures, journal failures, and piston contact damage. (see 1 A&B)

8) Due to increased power demands of this tune it is highly recommended to take the time to verify your cooling system is in proper operating condition. If necessary buy a new thermostat for gods sake! Also, provide yourself access to every pressurized intercooler tubing clamp and re-tighten that little bastard again. More often then people think i get complaints about bad tunes when really the problem is a blown off tube preventing proper boost.

9) This tune is for non-maf relocated vehicles. Failure to correct maf location requirements will cause tune discrepancies and possibly engine failure. (see 1 A&B)

10) This tune is for factory re-circulation intake systems only. Failure to correct atmospheric bov requirements will cause tune discrepancies and possibly engine failure. (see 1 A&B)

11) If your vehicle has a catalytic converter this tune has the cat overtemp protection disabled and can cause premature failure. (see 1 A&B)

12) Some DTC codes have been disabled in this tune. If the codes disabled do not pertain to your modifications, leave them alone! Failure to comply can prevent warning systems from functioning properly and saving you costly repairs. (see 1 A&B)

13) Timing has been increased in the high load ranges to a safe 14* maximum advance. If you do not properly verify and correct KR events then mechanical failure will occur. (see 1 A&B)

14) The attached configuration includes custom made .pids which may make some tables not work. in order to make them work you will need to create and plot either a (ltft+stft) .pid or (Boost lo res - baro sensor) .pid.

With that all put out there, i have no problem assisting in tuning procedures or familiarization of the HPT Software. I will only guide you up until a point where vehicle experimentation will be required to finalize your calibration. At that point you will be entirely on your own. All guidance from myself will be given at my convenience. I don't always have free time but when i do i usually share it with forum members from here. As always, i highly recommend a solid state/loading capable dynomometer for tuning. Good Luck and enjoy your new learning experience!

RDR.hpt
    LNF.cfg
    Thank you for all this info! I have an external bov, what I need to change to have no issues with it?