Thinking out loud here...

Working on figuring out a tune solution for an S10 truggy with an LS1, 4L65 and NP241 manual shifting t-case (which is 2.72:1). Before I pull the trigger on a 2:1 additional t-case that would squeeze in between the 4L65 and the 241, I want to make sure the 411 PCM will remain happy when shifting. Currently the VSS is in the tail housing of the 241. I'm hoping it'll stay there and I'll just lengthen the wires to the VSS plug. My truck did not come with a Tow/Haul button, but the PCM has that ability to shift using the "performance" shift tables. My theory is to enable the Tow/Haul mode via a switch that will have different shift parameters for when I'm lightly wheeling in 2:1 on the trail. It would essentially look like I have a 9.76 ring and pinion ratio instead of 4.88's. I figured I could use the auto-calculate gear ratio table in HP Tuners to enter the highest R&P ratio allowed (or 9.76 if it allows) and auto-scale my stock tables, then paste them into the "performance" shift tables for when I'm wheeling in 2:1 range.

This is the thought process...
Highway driving
2HI all 1:1, no change in shift needed

Light wheeling or hunting
4HI using the NP241 which is still 1:1, no change in shift needed

Trail riding, off road parks
Use 2:1 t-case and shift into "Tow/Haul" mode for accurate shifting, which really only uses 1st and 2nd gear anyways

Rock crawling, heavy 4x4
Still in 2:1 front case, shift the NP241 into 2.72:1 while still in Tow/Haul mode...Shifting the NP241 grounds the 4LOW circuit and tells PCM to add another 2.72:1 of gear reduction. Really never shift out of 1st gear but would like ability to hit 2nd if need be.

Any flaws in this thought process? Like I said, just thinking out loud