Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Scanning Copperhead

Advanced Tuner
    Is there an eta on 2.25?
    "I didn't fail, I just found 100 ways to do it wrong." - Benjamin Franklin

Advanced Tuner
    How's the WB AF Pids coming for the Coyotes? We are attending a track rental tomorrow, would be nice to have them read accurately.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by PST View Post
    How's the WB AF Pids coming for the Coyotes? We are attending a track rental tomorrow, would be nice to have them read accurately.
    I don't know if it's just me or if it's glitch with scanner but if I close a log then reopen it s2 goes offline. I'm fairly confident in the accuracy once the pid's are divided by 2 billion but it's annoying that I can only see the data from s2 while that log is open.

Advanced Tuner
    Hmmm, I never notice that until you pointed it out. Mine does the same thing.

I had be dividing by 150,000,000 to get AFR data that seemed to match what the dash gauge would display. The 2 billion seems to put out lambda, which is great... BUT, looking over one of my logs from the track.. If it is set at 150 million, my afr's show what should equate to .80 lambda based on the fuels stoich value. If I set it to 2 billion, it shows .82 lambda in that same area. SOOOOOOO, somethings not accurate, gonna have to put a separate wideband on this thing now and see what I can figure out.

My guess and hope is that this PID is trying to spit out the AFR data like the dash gauge displays. So it might take some backwards math to make it display lambda correctly.. Id rather work in lambda anyway.

For what its worth, during my track outing, we ran VP MS109 fuel. its Stoich is 13.41. When that was changed in the tune, the dash display matched the wideband log divided by 150 million almost spot on.

Advanced Tuner
    Gonna have to give the 150mil a shot. Seeing as I'm targeting .87, if I'm actually at .89...that could be bad news bears. I have logged w/ my sct and the data seems to coincide rather closely, I stretch out 3 sometimes 4 decimal points to verify the data. I have same tune on back to back runs sct @ .860-.865 and hpt showing .865-.875.

E85 btw and I've also got egt on cyl 8, highest I've seen is 1200 @ wot, I see higher egt's doing step logs than I do during a wot pull.

Advanced Tuner
    Very interested to see your results. I'll get my lm1, on the car I've been messing with tomorrow to see what I can prove/disprove with that.

We have been targeting .80 on this one for safety (12-13psi on a otherwise stock 3000 mile car with MS109 fuel).