Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Scanning Copperhead

Right on, ya you just did the conversion for the formula. Pretty slick. gotta love the HPT logger. I can't wait for it to be released for 2.25

frequency=1/T(or period)
    2020 Mustang GT Daily driver
    |Hellion Sleeper|10R80|Full weight, full exhaust, BABY seat in the back|
    8.3@167mph

2014 Mustang GT
    |Hellion TT|Powerglide|Ignite114|
    6.87@200mph

Jordan Performance and Racing

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Fire67 View Post
    About to switch to logging with SCT for this Procharged Coyote.. Before I do, can you tell me how the us in the MAF table on the editor corresponds to the MAF frequency logged?
    My SCT X3 device won't let me log via my laptop unless I have it loading a custom tune on the car first -- is this what you're doing then using HPT to tune from there, or is there a trick i'm missing to get my brick of a device to log without loading a custom map first (which it refuses to do... lol).

Advanced Tuner
    Hmmm, not sure actually. I just know people do it. I havent actually tried.. Ive been working through the tune using the HPT scanner and its working out ok.. Still a little slow, but its somewhat useable.

As for frequency=1/T.. Remember that 1 Hz is one cycle per second, we need micro-second. Which is why my PID has that last multiplication on it.
    Last edited by PST; 07-04-2014 at 02:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric@HPTuners View Post
    Just wanted to give you guys a heads up, as I know everyone is patiently waiting on 2.25 scanner to be completed.

It is still in development, but I want to get at least some basic logging working on the Copperhead PCM, so I am currently working on adding some of the Mode $22 PIDs. 2.24 Scanner already supports SAE PIDs, but there just isn't enough there to tune a car with.

It is going to take me a few days to get it all added and working properly, but I have already logged the MAF frequency, and torque source on my own 2014 Mustang.

can we get MAF in versions of "Counts" (like SCT) and Volts?
    I could do ALOT more Ford Stuff if I just had MAF in the Scanner reading in those values.
    -Scott -

Quote Originally Posted by S2H View Post
    can we get MAF in versions of "Counts" (like SCT) and Volts?
    I could do ALOT more Ford Stuff if I just had MAF in the Scanner reading in those values.
    For Copperhead, no. For everything else, yes. That will come with 2.25
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

how about MAF Volts for copperheads?
    Ford tables are in Volts in the files I have seen in SCT for 2013+

MAF Frequency doesnt really do much good on copperhead stuff
    Table is in Volts, and lb/min (or counts which I can get to by math from lb.min)
    -Scott -

how about MAF Volts for copperheads?
    Ford tables are in Volts in the files I have seen in SCT for 2013+

MAF Frequency doesnt really do much good on copperhead stuff
    Table is in Volts, and lb/min (or counts which I can get to by math from lb.min)
    It sounds as if you are looking at the wrong MAF transfer function in SCT.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

I was... I just noticed right below it is the same table in MAF Frequency....
    they have both tables in 2013 SCT software...
    I'll play around and see if they are internally linked or separate..
    we havent quite got to that one this week yet.....might not be till early next week when we can get to it to tune on it
    (dependent on that definition I sent you earlier as well...If I can do it in HPT instead of SCT
    -Scott -

I was... I just noticed right below it is the same table in MAF Frequency....
    they have both tables in 2013 SCT software...
    I'll play around and see if they are internally linked or separate..
    we havent quite got to that one this week yet.....might not be till early next week when we can get to it to tune on it
    (dependent on that definition I sent you earlier as well...If I can do it in HPT instead of SCT
    We have both tables in the editor also, but only the Frequency one is used. There is a switch that determines if it uses the other table (if you install a voltage based MAF).
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Advanced Tuner
    Eric, any update on the PIDs we were working on? I can spend some more time on the car tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by PST View Post
    Eric, any update on the PIDs we were working on? I can spend some more time on the car tomorrow.
    No update yet.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Advanced Tuner
    Not exactly sure how you got maf to log in hpt...for whatever reason it's not reading in mine. I went through and checked...I have nothing that recognizes mass air flow, lb/min or Hz. Also noticed that we've got some pid's for cam position...also cannot log those. I try to input them into the table and get unsupported parameter. Try logging in a histo...same story. Am I missing something? I've tried downloading newest version of 2.24 and 2.25 to see if it was something where I just didn't have the latest software. I have to be missing something, my car when scanned doesn't give me near the pid's you got from yours Eric. I've tried to make them user defined pid's as well as just picking them from the pid list...nothing. I get the general pid's for engine speed, vehicle speed, ect, iat, stft, ltft but I've had zero luck getting the "critical" parameters. Am I missing something? I've attached a sample image that shows the "available" pid's in red and the "unavailable" ones in black. For whatever reason my print screen isn't working so I had to take a pic and use that. Under the "AIRFLOW" tab all of those are blacked out as well as just about every parameter I see Eric was logging. Help.

This is what I see:
    IMG_20140722_065657_809.jpg
    Last edited by schaid; 07-22-2014 at 07:07 AM.
    "I didn't fail, I just found 100 ways to do it wrong." - Benjamin Franklin

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by schaid View Post
    Not exactly sure how you got maf to log in hpt...for whatever reason it's not reading in mine. I went through and checked...I have nothing that recognizes mass air flow, lb/min or Hz. Also noticed that we've got some pid's for cam position...also cannot log those. I try to input them into the table and get unsupported parameter. Try logging in a histo...same story. Am I missing something? I've tried downloading newest version of 2.24 and 2.25 to see if it was something where I just didn't have the latest software. I have to be missing something, my car when scanned doesn't give me near the pid's you got from yours Eric. I've tried to make them user defined pid's as well as just picking them from the pid list...nothing. I get the general pid's for engine speed, vehicle speed, ect, iat, stft, ltft but I've had zero luck getting the "critical" parameters. Am I missing something? I've attached a sample image that shows the "available" pid's in red and the "unavailable" ones in black. For whatever reason my print screen isn't working so I had to take a pic and use that. Under the "AIRFLOW" tab all of those are blacked out as well as just about every parameter I see Eric was logging. Help.

This is what I see:
    IMG_20140722_065657_809.jpg
    The red indicates the PIDs you are currently logging in the table display. The black represents the available PIDs. To select a PID to log, select an empty cell in the table display, then double click one of the black PID's to populate that cell on the table. You also cannot have a log file open during this process.
    Jaime

Advanced Tuner
    Yeah I know about the not having a log file open, the pic was for reference only. I'll give it a try tonight when I get home. THank you.

Advanced Tuner
    Wow, what a bonehead brainfart that was. I don't know why I forgot about that. Maybe because I've had my scanner setup the same way for about 6 years and haven't had to mess with it except every so often. Works great now...thanks again for pointing out I hopped off the short bus before posting. I know not what you were trying to say, but that's about how I feel right now.

One question:

When will we be able to paste special from our histo's into the tune. I got an error and beta shut down.

Advanced Tuner
    afrcorrection.xlsx
    4.2.cfg

This is the spreadsheet I just developed for using the current pid's for lambda. It's sheet 4, the other 3 are for gm stuff.

Basically input last value, average will be relatively ineffective due to the pid's flashing negative from time to time currently, in the far right from b1 and b2, then the rest will fill in. Copy the bottom center into the wot lambda table using the paste special function. I have yet to test this, just wanted to share my current "work around" for the negative values that are being given. The weather and a minor revision of my setup are keeping me from testing currently.

You will also have to make a histogram in scanner to give you the data to input into the spreadsheet. I've also attached my scanner config as well to assist those that are unfamiliar with setting things up.

I'm not the best at explaining how to use my spreadsheets sometimes. Please if you're confused ask and I'll be glad to help.

This sheet will get simplified significantly when the negative issue is resolved, but without having a finite timetable and not wanting to push for that, I tried to figure a work around with current parameters and values we are able to see.

In order to get the wb lambda pid's to give you actual lambda you have to configure a user defined pid...taking pid.52 & pid.53 (if my memory serves) and multiply by 2,000,000,000. Yes that's 2 BILLION.

I'm still working w/ my scanner config as well, it's not quite where I want it yet.
    Last edited by schaid; 07-29-2014 at 10:33 PM.

Tuner in Training
    The simplest conversion I have come up with for the MAF is this.

1000000/period = frequency
    or
    1000000/frequency = period

Works both ways, obviously...

Hopefully that helps someone.

Advanced Tuner
    Just tested the wb pid's...same tune on sct logs 0.84 avg...on hpt it's a 0.93...hopefully fixed soon.

Advanced Tuner
    Will Fuel Rail Pressure be an available PID?
    2011 Z07 Carbon Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle View Post
    Will Fuel Rail Pressure be an available PID?
    Yeah, as soon as 2.25 Scanner is released, you will have access to more things to long than you want! LOL
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC