Thread: turbo 3400 help

Potential Tuner

turbo 3400 help

has anyone done one? and do you use maf or map?

Senior Tuner
    I ran a 14psi Vortech on mine and ran with the MAF... the VE table doesn't have the provisions to run boost, so running MAF is the way to go. You will have to scale the tune anyway for the timing table as it does not give any boost area to work with either, it will just carry the last value entered once you surpass the tables limit. FYI, the LS1 MAF is a good replacement choice to the stocker you have there if you haven't already. How much boost are we talking here?
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by MMGT1 View Post
    I ran a 14psi Vortech on mine and ran with the MAF... the VE table doesn't have the provisions to run boost, so running MAF is the way to go. You will have to scale the tune anyway for the timing table as it does not give any boost area to work with either, it will just carry the last value entered once you surpass the tables limit. FYI, the LS1 MAF is a good replacement choice to the stocker you have there if you haven't already. How much boost are we talking here?
    thanks for your input!! now I will get a LS maf tomar am!!! now im looking at 20-35 pounds boost. the motor and trand 100% built!!