Thread: SS Silverado Cam tune (take a look open to suggestions)

Potential Tuner

SS Silverado Cam tune (take a look open to suggestions)

I recently picked up hpt myself and well I am adjusting minor things as my current tune that I had a shop due, was not very hot. Here is where im at currently. This is the first time I have ever done anything like this, please bear with me. I feel like I can add some more timing to get some more out of it, as well as clean it up in the one spot. I haven't gotten the right cord to sync my wideband yet. Im open to any suggestions you guys have as I am 100% new to this. 2006 Silverado SS cam converter all motor (working) 6-10-14.hptss silverado 6-10-14.cfgsilverado ss 6-10-14.hpl

Potential Tuner
    another thing i noticed is idle is high but tps is only at 11% at idle. if i was to bump it up 13% would i be able to get it to idle lower without stalling or bucking? also, i noticed that at WOT im only seeing 98% tps. is this common or should it actually go to 100%?

Potential Tuner
    no one?

what are your engine specs?
    03 SS Silverado,tvs2300,ID850,gt2-3,kooks, PRC 317'S,

Potential Tuner
    lq9 227/236 .613 .578 113+3 btr springs, arp2000 rodbolts, arp head studs, tbss intake, 87mm tb, x-link, flex fuel injectors, 17/8 pacesetters, 3" exhaust, yank ss3600. i also have a nx plate system jetted at 200 with a standalone c16 in it. Seperate tune for that all together. basically its a replica of this tune but with 7* pulled, which probably will end up being 5* or 6* once i start reading the plugs for it. But i want my current tune 100% before i play with that one.

Advanced Tuner
    Look for the Russ k idle config and get your base running airflow(RAF) correct. Seems on the high side to me. Go to engine>idle>airflow>idle airflow. You will have to do this from a cold start once in park and then again in drive with the brake on. Don't touch the gas pedal while doing this.
    Last edited by gagliano7; 06-13-2014 at 05:33 AM.

Potential Tuner
    is this the one your referring too? http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...ss+idle+config
    or is it this one? http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...oop-Maf-Tuning

do you know if its normal to only see 98% open at WOT or if it should readr 100%?