Thread: New guy looking for some pointers on fixing this trans tune

Tuner in Training

New guy looking for some pointers on fixing this trans tune

Ok, to make a long story short I paid to have my Silverado tuned by a local shop (I don't want to name names, if it matters to you, PM me) I wont even begin to go into the engine tuning issues, that would take a whole thread of its own. Lets just say after flashing back to stock I picked up 4+ mpg on the highway.

Here are my issues with it:

Lockup and getting into 6th gear on the highway takes FOREVER especially when the transmission is cold.

When I would floor it on the highway to pass, or merge the downshift was so sever it seemed like something was going to break.

The transmission really just seemed confused, it never seemed to have any pattern of shifts, everything seemed to be at the wrong times

It felt like it tried to push through the brakes at a stop, or slow speeds

It seemed to downshift, or come out of lockup on the highway way too soon, just going up slight hills would cause a very harsh downshift, where as with the stock tune it would never need to downshift at all.

I tried to attach the tune, let me know if it works for you guy. Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    I just built this with the bluecat tool, maybe someone can look at it and let me know if it looks right. Also going to attach the stock file
    Last edited by B-_-RAD; 06-09-2014 at 09:26 PM.

Tuner in Training
    I went for a short drive with the bluecat tune from post 2, i'm pretty happy with that one so far but i'd like to firm it up some and i'm not sure how.

I know it will take a while for it to learn though. That's the first trans tune I have ever built, so any input is appreciated. Thanks

Tuner in Training
    Made some more adjustments to torque management, went for a drive, feels pretty good, chirped hard from 1-2 at WOT. Can someone take a look at this file and let me know if i'm on the right track?

Tuner in Training
    Nobody? Really?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ K View Post
    Thanks Russ, I will check that out tonight!