Thread: 2006 cobalt ss/sc P0101 and P0172

Potential Tuner

2006 cobalt ss/sc P0101 and P0172

P0101 mass or volume air flow A circuit range/performance
    P0172 system too rich

90K miles has GMPP stage 2 kit and stage 2 tune as far as I can tell

the STFT and LTFT spend most of the time -10% or more

MAF sensor bad? or is the MAF table that far off?

this is the first time messing with one of these. I have no problem doing a tune if needed.

I only has a few minutes to mess with it so far and didn't set up the scanner as well as I should have hopefully the log is good enough for now.

base 6-6-14.hpt
    log 2.hpl

please take a look and let me know what ya think

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    Maf tune and raise fail high to 16000hz

Potential Tuner
    thanks for looking, I went back and looked through the first log I did (atleast 30 minutes). it was right under the 11,000hz fail high (saw 10,7xx at 199kpa). these do have 2.5 bar map sensors correct? she said the aftermarket boost gauge reads 17psi at the top of 3rd gear.

do you know what causes the P0101? do you raise the minimum ECT to enable the test? are things too sensitive for mods?

I was very impressed with the way it ran the other night hopefully I can make it even better with the wideband and some well built histograms.

i run factory sensors on 2.7's no problem and thats 22-23 depending on setup
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Potential Tuner
    I checked out the LSJ guide in your sig and the links to the Saturn site. I fell pretty confident on what I need to do and how to get the results I want. just gotta order another wideband.

do you have or know where scanner configs are posted for tuning the LSJ ecotec?

i can usually make them with a short vcm scanner read log.

Just a thought but could it a combination of the maf being a little out of tolerance along with E10 fuel .

2006 Cobalt SS/SC #80 mototrons,2.7" pulley, pacesetter header, catless DP ,custom axle back ,Cxr heat exchanger ,Cxr brushless IC pump.

e10 doesnt even change my fuel trims from straight non-e 91 and i tune with lambda mode exterior sensors. e10 is a joke...the benefit to the e content is its a replacement for other chemicals that cause smog issues. e47/e60/e99 are the main e contents that cause issues.