Thread: Pig rich LS1.

Potential Tuner

Pig rich LS1.

So after being off the road since Oct last year, I got my Z28 back on the road. Problem is that it is now running stupid rich to the point that it smokes all the time and at WOT looks like a diesel rolling coal. My LC1 is showing that I am around 13.1-13.3 AFR at any given time. I'm commanding 13.1 so thats not too far off. VE error is +/- < 5. I just re-did the exhaust gaskets and all to make sure there were no leaks that might make the VCM think that its lean. I did a free air calibration on the LC1 last week, but now I'm thinking that maybe its not reading correctly? I did not have this problem before the car was taken off the road. It ran great. I re-flashed the VCM with the same tune that I was using before. In the past it would give a little smoke at WOT, but no more than any other NA car running on the safe side. I will try to get a log and my tune uploaded a little later. Is there something else that I need to be looking at? I am going to try to re-verify my WB O2 tonite in hopes that maybe its off and I have tuned it out of whack, but like I said, I used this same tune in the past without issues. I'm stumped.

Tuner
    Did u do any mechanical checks? Are the injectors leaking down? Did u run it while it was off the road?? Is there a blockage in the air filter/ intake??? Maybe a mouse nest??? Oil rings stuck?? Are u sure it's rich?? How about a compression check?