Thread: 4l80e TCC Lock up help?

Potential Tuner

4l80e TCC Lock up help?

I have a 01 s10 with a 4l80e transmission 3600 stall. e67/t42 recently purchased the 4l80e swap harness to make the t42 work with the 4l80e. As a base i used Blue Cat's transmission software with my specs and entered the values in under the Normal diving conditions. Vehicle shifts great/ no DTC's but the only issue is the converter is not locking up. Attached is my file, i am very new to HPT any help is greatly appreciated.
    BC tuned 4l80.hpt

Why didn't you run a 4L80 operating system?

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Potential Tuner
    The truck has a ls2 originally matched with a 4l60e. to the best of my knowledge i had a few options with the 4l80 swap; run 4l80e operating system add ISS wire, re pin plug/ swap harness, run stand alone controller replace my harness for manual trans to delete the tcm all together, or trick the 4l60e OS with relays and resistors ie the harness i referred to in my previous post. I was told the harness and re-tuning for the different trans would work. It seems everything is working correctly except the converter locking up. I didn't know if there was something i was missing in the tune or if there is another issue. thank you for the help.

Potential Tuner
    Is there a way to look at the tune and see if that would cause the converter not to lock up? Are there any particular tests to run? I am assuming just changing the shift points and MPH values are not the only thing that is needed to run the swap are there certain pressures that need to be adjusted ? Pretty much lost.. which may answer your above question pretty good.

Potential Tuner
    I've been looking around at different tunes and played with the parameters a bit with the TCC Duty cycle (changed to 100% max 85% min) changed some apply and release settings as well. as i was logging a cruise the converter randomly locked up once but after stopping and starting again it did not lock up. I noticed if i force it to lock up under TCC PWM in the scanner it works fine, also the TCC mode PID always reads off except for the one time it locked up by itself. any input would be great. here is the latest log/ tune

4l80e test 2.hpt
    went in once.hpl

Do you have a performance camshaft? If so max the idle misfire tables, as a false misfire will prevent the TCC from locking. If that doesn't allow the TCC to lock, then try disabling the Min TPS Throttle Release.

Russ Kemp

Potential Tuner
    Russ, thank you for your input. i maxed out the idle table, no luck. I do have a performance cam and it has thrown false misfire codes previously. The only misfire table that isn't maxed out is under normal driving conditions. How am i able to disable the min tps release? is that the tcc apply/release table? I am very new to the software again your help is much appreciated.

Potential Tuner
    looked everywhere for the TCC Throttle release for TPS it should be under Transmission>Auto TCC correct attached is a screen shot just to make sure i am looking in the right place.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    max out all misfire tables to verify that's not the problem
    My setup is a 356ci with a 260/268 (212/218 at .050 lift) duration cam with aluminium corvette heads and flat top pistons running 11.3 comp. ratio. with tuned port injection and vortec crank pick up and dizzy running a 411 pcm and 60lb bosch injectors, 1.6 ratio roller rockers. For transmission its a 4l65e built with the monster in a box mega ss kit. All in a 92 chevy ext cab 4x4 pickup with a 98 cab now installed with a third door! running only e85

Quote Originally Posted by 404super10 View Post
    looked everywhere for the TCC Throttle release for TPS it should be under Transmission>Auto TCC correct attached is a screen shot just to make sure i am looking in the right place.
    You need to update to the latest version.

Russ Kemp
    Attached Images Attached Images

Potential Tuner
    updated to latest version. First i tried just maxing out the misfire tables, locks up every time. works perfect, is this common with a performance cam? i have a 232/232 .595 lift @.050 cam

you guys have no idea how thankful I am. tools are really only good if you know how to use them... again much thanks!