Thread: What all needs to be adjusted after LT/OR-H?

Advanced Tuner

What all needs to be adjusted after LT/OR-H?

I am a former GM guy - just licensed my GT500 with HPT. I'm using 2.25.473 editor and 2.24.557 scanner.

I've actually purchased a ton of parts for this car already, despite it having just ~1800 miles on it. I have a set of LT headers I'd love to put on before I head out to power tour next Wednesday... but I'm not sure what all needs to be done to properly account for the headers and off-road H-pipe in the tune.

Is it as simple as setting P0141/135 to "no error reported" - or is there more to it with this car? I'm not looking to even adjust fueling or anything else to get more power out of the LT's - just want the car to run correctly after the LT's and OR-H.

Thanks for any help!
    2011 Z07 Carbon Edition

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle View Post
    I am a former GM guy - just licensed my GT500 with HPT. I'm using 2.25.473 editor and 2.24.557 scanner.

I've actually purchased a ton of parts for this car already, despite it having just ~1800 miles on it. I have a set of LT headers I'd love to put on before I head out to power tour next Wednesday... but I'm not sure what all needs to be done to properly account for the headers and off-road H-pipe in the tune.

Is it as simple as setting P0141/135 to "no error reported" - or is there more to it with this car? I'm not looking to even adjust fueling or anything else to get more power out of the LT's - just want the car to run correctly after the LT's and OR-H.

Thanks for any help!
    What year GT500?

You should be able to turn off the rear o2's to account for the off-road setup.

If you have a 2011+ not much needed for the LT's. There is a transport delay feature in the software however adaptive learning should take care of this. I say that with a disclaimer. On the 5.0, some strategies are more refined and this doesn't work on all (adaptive learning leaving transport delay alone).

You will notice short and long term fuel trims greatly fluctuating. If you see this behavior along with driveability issues you will need to adjust the transport delay.

Advanced Tuner
    It's a 2014.

Advanced Tuner
    It's a 2014.
    Damn, sorry. Just noticed in your signature.

Advanced Tuner
    So any suggestions other than transport delay?

Advanced Tuner
    So any suggestions other than transport delay?
    Since you have a 2011+ GT500 it has widebands from the factory which makes it all easier. I would keep an eye on short term fuel trims. Anything greater than 5% correction and you may need to modify the transport delay. If it is within 5% I would leave it be. Remember to give adaptive learning a shot at it first and modify if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by wbt View Post
    You should be able to turn off the rear o2's to account for the off-road setup.
    will that pass a non-sniff inspection? i know around here all they do is check the obdII for codes so im thinking that wouldnt work if theyre disabled.
    2008 Sky RL

Quote Originally Posted by |V3nom| View Post
    will that pass a non-sniff inspection? i know around here all they do is check the obdII for codes so im thinking that wouldnt work if theyre disabled.
    Don't need a sniffer to detect that there are no cats, as the exhaust stink will be very noticeable. Why make a new car stink like an old car? I would install high flow cats, no power loss and no exhaust stink.

Russ Kemp

Quote Originally Posted by Russ K View Post
    Don't need a sniffer to detect that there are no cats, as the exhaust stink will be very noticeable.
    doesnt matter in states not obligated to perform sniff test, they dont care how a car smells. the disabled codes are the problem...
    2008 Sky RL

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by |V3nom| View Post
    Check out this thread:
    http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...cats-and-CEL-s

At this time, turn the rear o2's on, fix up a set of o2 extenders using spark plug non-foulers from Autozone and install for the rear o2's. Drive the car for 50+ miles and cycle the key a few times. This should set all monitors to ready to pass inspection.

In the future, HP Tuners will have the ability to make software adjustments in the o2 readings so the hardware solution doesn't have to be used.

Reference: http://www.regalgs.org/topic/50859-d...ck-w-pictures/ & http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=500627

yeah ive used an o2 extender before and it worked decently but im ready for hpt to enable the software to fix this run around.
    2008 Sky RL