Thread: Swappng 12' L92/6L80e into 06' Silverado SS LQ9/4L65e

Swappng 12' L92/6L80e into 06' Silverado SS LQ9/4L65e

Has anyone done this sort of thing? Basically my only concern is the wiring between the gen 3 and gen 4 operating system... I am going to run the 6L80e in the truck with the L92, I have the main engine harness (no fuse block) with the original PCM. I was just thinking that the 06' trucks used class 2 data ("low" speed GMLAN) and the 07-up trucks used a "high speed" GMLAN... I am not entirely sure this won't cause any issues, as obviously I will be keeping ALL my 06' modules in place except the PCM... (BCM, IPC, EBCM, etc etc). I AM going to remove the 06' TAC and pedal, and run the 12' escalade L92 pedal. Other than that, I have printed all the diagrams for the fuse block connector and IP connectors that are running off the engine harness (the only two connectors that run off the engine harness). I'm just wondering, how its all going to integrate. I'm thinking I will need two DLC connectors, as they are totally different (one only has a low speed class 2 on pin #2, the other has a blank pin #2 with a low speed class 2 on #1, and high speed lan on #6 and #14... those are blank on the 06') so I can still program and read the remaining modules on the 06', but read and program the 12' PCM/TCM. Please please anyone who has done this or has any thoughts, please chime in... I'm just worried about the IPC functions and things like that, but maybe I'm just over thinking this... anyways, any feedback welcomed. Thanks all

John

Potential Tuner
    I am interested to hear any information about this type of swap too. I am looking into the possibility swapping an 09+ LSA/6L90 takeout into my 2005 Silverado 1500 4x4.
    Luca