Thread: 14 camaro ss 1-2 shift nose dives

14 camaro ss 1-2 shift nose dives

Tuned a buddys Camaro last night and I could not get the 1-2 shifts correct. It takes longer to shift and nose dives. Can some one look at my tune and point me in the right direction? Stock 2014 ss 6.2 camaro.
    Attached Files Attached Files

First your MPHs are not matching on the part throttle shift above 88%Tps and the WOT Shift. This will cause issues. Looks like your Cutoff Rpm Rev limiter needs to be raised if you want to try to shift it higher than stock. Also your WOT shift mphs seem a bit high on the 1-2 shift.

Senior Tuner
    It will make for quicker shift to shorten your WOT shift times. In your tune they appear to be stock which are pretty slow. If you are not sure of where to do this let me know.

Thanks guys!! I logged him driving and manually shifting with the paddles and tried to match what he was shifting at, setting the mph about 5 lower than he was shifting. So I need to set those lower, and he likes to shift about 6200 so I set the rpm trigger for 6000( this was how i got my 4l60 to shift where i wanted it to, by setting approx. 200rpm lower, does this theory not apply to 6l80's), I tried to keep rev limiter 300 above intended shift point, how much higher should it be? In all the logging we did, the tps never went above 88%, even when stock config. I reset the wot shift times back to stock to make sure I wasnt overlapping, what is a suggested time to remove? I tried removing .02 but it didnt seem to make a diffence in WOT shift, the part throttle was nice though!

Senior Tuner
    Log ETC position % and you will read 100% when WOT. You will just have to adjust and test with the shift points until you are where you want.

I would enable TM and then adjust Shift Torque Factor to your liking.

I would try these shift times.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Correct, it did show 100%. I used those shift times and set the 1st gear shift rpm to 5800, and it worked great. Then i changed the tune using bluecat's program. He is better at the trans than I am. I left that tune in it. WOW, Bluecat rock's!!!!! Thanks for the help everyone!!!