Thread: Salvaging tune-advice and second set of eyes

Tuner in Training

Salvaging tune-advice and second set of eyes

I picked up my 2003 vette [ls6] about a year ago and have just been able to begin tuning it. It has some head work, a medium sized cam that I'm unsure of the specs, forged internals, and 60lb injectors with a p1sc procharger spinning a 3.85 pulley making between 4-6lbs give or take belt slip. I just got done tuning the MAF and VE tables to as close as I can get them on a street tune.

1. I have been experiencing some surging while cruising and driving in vacuum and started looking over the timing tables. Correct me if I am wrong but these look way too far advanced, almost to the point that I should be concerned.. Could you guys take a quick look and just give me some advice on how to salvage what the previous tuner performed? I'm almost thinking of just pulling 10 degrees from the entire table because it seems way too far advanced for a safety net.

2. When you guys smooth out the VE tables, do you make sure that each measurement of kPa does not overlap from a higher or lower kPa? Take for example this is what my table looks like after going through and SD tuning.

I was reviewing some of the uploaded tunes on the archive and found a ve table like this one which made me think my tuning may not be providing the results that should be expected.

I have uploaded the current tune and a log. I would appreciate any input from you guys since I'm just getting started and continue to learn from this forum every day. Thanks for reading!

2003z06mafsdtune-needtiming.hpt
    SD tuningfinal.hpl

I know nothing, but do you have a log from a cruise and a full throttle pull? Does it go into KR at all?

Tuner in Training
    I believe I went into a full throttle pull in the log I posted. If not, I can take a separate log once I swap a new serpentine belt. The weird part that I saw was that I have not seen any knock in high RPM, but I have seen knock under 2k RPM's. It can also be seen in the log posted. I would have expected to see knock with the extreme advance in timing, which makes me think I am close to the point of knocking.

Tuner in Training
    any advice guys??