Thread: shifts up to early and hunts at low tps around 75kph

Potential Tuner

shifts up to early and hunts at low tps around 75kph

gear box shifts up early but thinking that's due new motor combo. did have ls1 cammed combo but now running 408 cnc rect. heads
    comp cam stock ls3 manifold with cable fast 92 throttle body. car up shifts to early but thinking that's due to the new motor making more torque so not as much throttle needed .hence shift points all out at part throttle but it hits the fuel cut before it up shifting at wot shifts could so one give me some pointers.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    justplayn , Mate just having a look yeah shift points need doing especially with a 6700rpm limit etc say that W.O.T speed needs to be about 41-42mph(1st-2nd)....87-88mph (2nd-3rd)... and say 160-162mph (3rd-4th) W.O.T...Remember you need to do the whole table every point and when you change the upshift by a certain % you must change the downshift by the same %....Full throttle rpm say be about 6200rpm (1st-2nd).....6100rpm (2nd-3rd)......6200rpm (3rd-4th)....you need to use a cfg (trans) and log the shift when happening and error also and if it does bang the limiter change mph by a certain amount......pressures need doing/times as well mate. The conv settings need doing and what converter are you using?.. remember with a stroker etc (bigger cubes) the converter will stall higher due to more torque and the speeds at which the converter apply's/releases itself will need to be increased....Cheers Bret ULTIMATE LSX TUNING

Potential Tuner
    hi i'm using a 3500rpm hi stall. you think lift the convertor apply to say 77/78 kph?.As for the gear changes to low I have move 3-4 part throttle up 10 kph. And the wot speed
    you say in mph? or kph?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by justplayn View Post
    hi i'm using a 3500rpm hi stall. you think lift the convertor apply to say 77/78 kph?.As for the gear changes to low I have move 3-4 part throttle up 10 kph. And the wot speed
    you say in mph? or kph?
    Mate with the TCC apply/Release Normal/cruise= 2nd/3rd apply= 256mph all the way (0-100%), 4th apply (56.25%-100%)= 256mph..........2nd/3rd release = 255mph all the way (0-100%).....mph mate....the rest of it if you like I can send some advice on those.....Cheers BRET ULTIMATE LSX TUNING