Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Australian Sub Forum?

Tuner in Training
    I read this with interest I see benefits of both options:

The easy way is leave everything in one thread.

So what are we going to do for the Ford Aus members, 800 odd posts in one thread are impossible to read through when looking for one particular clue on a problem I have. the search engine doesn't search that well, or at least I can't find what I am looking for on the key words I have looked for.
    I have no idea of the problem I find are transferrable from an American ford to a Aussie one.

Spliting up the Aus Ford thread into a thread for each Trans, NA, Turbo, Supercharged, Trouble codes, fuel and ignition would make reading through that much quicker even without a search.
    Is it that hard to write a sub folder structure into this forum, This site looks like it was built on a pretty standard forum template to me and that process I believe is relatively straight forward.

I feel like I cross post every time I do post into Tuning the AUS ford, which is not often, but then the lack of postings could be just because of this limitation I feel I face.
    This isn't a blog or Facebook, there is lots of valuable (or otherwise) reading daily. I look upon this forum as more of a wiki than anything else.

I feel I have genuine questions that need sorting, but for the life of me I wouldn't know where to start looking. I am not trying to take a dig at anyone, but I find the current layout and functionality frustrating.

So enough of my rant but if I had a way to search for these typical problems, it would make my life a little easier and stop me putting it off..

Quote Originally Posted by 45T-XR View Post
    We love your work Eric, As you know this little wheel barrow of mine has a PTE 6466 on the way (should be here today actually).Keep your eyes watching on youtube, there will either be some videos of it going over 700rwhp or my crying..either way will be funny to watch. Its going to get alteast 25psi jammed down its throat for starters whether it likes it or not so the TCM access will help us give the ZF a fighting chance to survive the abuse it is going to cop, although I must admit since we built this one, and got the right info for the converter of IH8TOADS I'm absolutely stunned at how it at held up so far. They really are a great trasmission. More converter would suit them though as I don't think 3000rpm is quite enough. More like 4000rpm would be good.The ultimate goal is a 9 sec pass so maybe if I achieve that will wind the 6466 up until the head lifts and see what it is capable of. THen the fun start cause get to build another engine...high comp for E85 would be nuts.
    I like it. Hopefully we will be a read/write mode on the TCM soon, and you guys can start reading what you have so I can create the definitions.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Tuner
    Any of you guys uploaded version 2.24.655 ? I updated last night and have lost all licenses to vehicles I have previously tuned and now it comes up with the License box everytime I open a previously tuned file. Has anyone else had or have this problem ?

Tuner in Training
    Just plug your cable back in and go to HELP tab, then license info, then get license info

Your licenses are stored on the cable not your pc

Quote Originally Posted by JVK View Post
    Any of you guys uploaded version 2.24.655 ? I updated last night and have lost all licenses to vehicles I have previously tuned and now it comes up with the License box everytime I open a previously tuned file. Has anyone else had or have this problem ?

Tuner
    Yep just got it sorted, Thanks for that. Just cant remember having to do that before after uploading the latest version.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by JVK View Post
    Yep just got it sorted, Thanks for that. Just cant remember having to do that before after uploading the latest version.
    newest 2.24 went to the same license format as 2.25 so people running both don't have to sync their licenses when going back and forth.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner
    Hp has definitely come a long way, it's impressive software and I am enjoying using it as my first tuning platform, I read and re-read the entire 'aus tuning' thread and it helped get me started, that was really the only place with helpful information. It's amazing what can be done with modern technology and I'm excited for what's to come.. It's only a hobby for me but I too am hanging for access to the ZF,
    thanks for your work so far Eric

Quote Originally Posted by Peppy_t View Post
    Hp has definitely come a long way, it's impressive software and I am enjoying using it as my first tuning platform, I read and re-read the entire 'aus tuning' thread and it helped get me started, that was really the only place with helpful information. It's amazing what can be done with modern technology and I'm excited for what's to come.. It's only a hobby for me but I too am hanging for access to the ZF,
    thanks for your work so far Eric
    Thanks
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Advanced Tuner
    Also just quietly, the new Bolt on 6466 turbo is absolutely magic!! Initial Testing I am over the moon, dyno time booked for satruday to retune it.

Advanced Tuner
    There is a new Australian Sub forum. Great idea gents

Your wish is my command.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...