Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Australian Sub Forum?

Tuner

Australian Sub Forum?

Hi Guys

Is there any chance of getting a sub forum for the Aussie vehicles?
    I am pretty sure that if we went into the last Aussie tuning post we could find some stuff that could be used as stickys so that we don't go over the same thing.

Bugsy

Advanced Tuner
    Seconded.

Quite a shame to see the busiest thread in this sub forum closed.
    04 Velocity MKII M6 & 06 BF F6 555 ZF6

Advanced Tuner
    Thirded, I do understand closing old thread as there was quite a bit of info & getting out of control, if I had time or someone with better knowledge it would be good to go through it & cut sub sections stickied for each piece of VITAL information.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    The last thing we want is to overcrowd our forum with a bunch of sub forums, we actually discussed it before closing the other thread and we determined its best to leave it as is for now. This may change in the future but for now, if you have a tuning question, etc. its best to start a new thread. When I see the last page in that other thread and someone is saying "look at post #771" I'm like WTF 771?!? its literally impossible to get any good info out of a thread like that unless you read through each and every page. I'd much rather see 5-10 stickied threads the one huge one thats watered down that way the whole community can take advantage of the shared info and not just 3 or 4 guys that have posted in the thread since the day it was opened several years ago.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    We need a tuning guide done which incorporates whatever is important in that thread and more. I would do one but it would be like 1001 on my to do list.

The first page of the Ford V8 Engine section goes back an entire week, so still not crowded enough to split.

One thing I'd like to see though is a sticky in this forum that helps archive topics with good info on various subject matters.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Lets just take over the Ford section with talk of the I6 and I6T

Advanced Tuner
    Well I guess we have been put in our place.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post

One thing I'd like to see though is a sticky in this forum that helps archive topics with good info on various subject matters.
    So who is responsible for doing this?

Imho closing a thread because it's too hard is pretty weak.
    Last edited by hiddeous; 06-05-2014 at 12:27 AM.

I piss on the weak

And runnnnnn
    FG F6 400+RWKW .....10.9 @ 132mph.... FIRST 10sec F6 in SA ( sold )
    DYNO DYNAMICS 1200hp ...... Tuning weapon..... ( sold )
    OFFICIAL JONNY TIG INDUSTRIES SUPPLIER ..... Biggest and lightest intercoolers for B and F falcons
    SUBARU BRZ ......AVO TURBO KIT coming......soon
    VF R8 CLUBSPORT SV...... 340FWKW.....ASE BIG SINGLE KIT .....one day

yeah for the ford aus guys you dont want to come to the ford gas tuning section then scroll through a million posts about shit us junk fords, surely one sub forum for us wouldnt be to hard and make things that more crowded?

Advanced Tuner
    As far as calling it USA Junk, that is a little harsh. But I do agree that the Australian subsection should have been left alone for now as it is not big enough to warrant the split or being sub-divided. However, if HP Tuners finish the Development of the scanner and ZF TCM access and it get recognised as a decent alternative to SCT, then all the shops in Australia would start to get on-board. Once that happens it would be a good idea to have it split up.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Guys theres probably 20 US ford threads to every 1 Australian ford thread, having a sub forum with so few threads at this time doesn't make sense, I could make a sticky from nearly all the ford aust threads I find that people start in this section, thats not because we don't have a subforum for them IMO.

Additionally, foul language and words of hate towards other members will not be tolerated here, you have been warned.
    Last edited by Bill@HPTuners; 06-04-2014 at 09:02 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    I hate myself

Tuner
    I agree with 45T-XR
    Once the transmission access has been done HPtuner will take off.
    You wont be held to ransom by the importer like SCT

Advanced Tuner
    I see the point, the SCT Forum doesn't have a sub forum and I don't think it should now I think about it as there are actually bulk similarities between the US/AUS strategies. I simply use their search function. But like a lot of Ford Tuning, it's all pretty secret squirrel. The fact that this is a true public forum deserves some Kudos!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Guys theres probably 20 US ford threads to every 1 Australian ford thread
    yeah so you see my point then

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by orangeute338 View Post
    yeah so you see my point then
    Your point is to have a separate forum which currently would be inactive and have virtually no threads in it, yes I see your point.

Quote Originally Posted by bugsy View Post
    I agree with 45T-XR
    Once the transmission access has been done HPtuner will take off.
    You wont be held to ransom by the importer like SCT
    Transmission access is being worked on too :-)

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric@HPTuners View Post
    Transmission access is being worked on too :-)

We love your work Eric, As you know this little wheel barrow of mine has a PTE 6466 on the way (should be here today actually).Keep your eyes watching on youtube, there will either be some videos of it going over 700rwhp or my crying..either way will be funny to watch. Its going to get alteast 25psi jammed down its throat for starters whether it likes it or not so the TCM access will help us give the ZF a fighting chance to survive the abuse it is going to cop, although I must admit since we built this one, and got the right info for the converter of IH8TOADS I'm absolutely stunned at how it at held up so far. They really are a great trasmission. More converter would suit them though as I don't think 3000rpm is quite enough. More like 4000rpm would be good.The ultimate goal is a 9 sec pass so maybe if I achieve that will wind the 6466 up until the head lifts and see what it is capable of. THen the fun start cause get to build another engine...high comp for E85 would be nuts.