Thread: 2.2 S10 Turbo needing some tuning advice

Potential Tuner

2.2 S10 Turbo needing some tuning advice

I have had a turbo on my 02 s10 for about 2-ish years now. Ran great, just had a pretty decent exhaust leak ruining a lot of fun for a long time due to a crappy exhaust shop and not enough time to get it fixed until just the other weekend. Now it sounds great. One thing I noticed though was that I am having a horrible time trying to get it to go into boost. I can barley get it past 3 psi when with the exhaust leak it would at least go to 4 or 5. I'll probably check for boost leaks this weekend since I had the turbo off to fix the exhaust, but I cant see it being that bad though to not make any boost.

What I am working with: It's a 2002 2.2 s10 flex fuel. Has a evo 1-3 style turbo (td05h-big 16g). Just recently put on 44# injectors over the stock 28#. Now I am working on doing the tune.

I am a noob when it comes to this so bear with me as I may ask some stupid questions here and there. I bought the tuning software about a month ago and have been reading a bunch of what I should and shouldn't do. My goal is to have some decent amount of power but still maintain my good mpg's.

I'll upload my tune and a log I did earlier today going to work. Now its about a good 40 min log but right around 23 min in or frame 7260 is where I did a pull everything else before that is in town and some back roads. Was getting on the highway there, then pretty much after all that its just cruising the highway till i get off for work.

02 s10 turbo 1.hpt
    5-28-2014.hpl

Potential Tuner
    Nobody willing to give a little advice here?

Tuner in Training
    What's up bro I remember u from s10 forum. I'm actually tuning my truck now for the last few weeks. I'm pretty sure for u u r gonna have to utilize the VE Offset. There is some "need to know" info on j body or in the tuning stickies by "shifted" & "p&p tuning". The info helped me out greatly, but I'm also n/a so it's a lil easier to tune then turbo. Do u have a wideband? Very important that u do especially turbo'd.
    2000 Chevy S10 2.2 Flex Fuel...
    60 mm Quad 4 TB, OBX header & XLerator Turbo muffler, CAI, '97 re-ground cam, 1.65 Harland Sharp self aligning roller rockers, Comp Cams #26981 springs, +1 mm ovresize valves, P&P head, Powertraxx No-Slip locker w/ 3.73's... All motor L43!