Thread: Lean at idle...dont want to mess anything up.

Lean at idle...dont want to mess anything up.

Well, I've got the tune kinda close except for a few things. The biggest thing is that upon startup, it goes lean, like 18:1 lean (I have an autometer wideband, but it seems a little glitchy at the moment, so I don't log it). Then upon driving, it kinda normalizes, I can get the fuel trims within -9%. However, when I mulitiply by%-half, trying to get it around 3%, it goes too far the other way. I dunno. I just installed FIC 80lb injectors, and a rear cog drive on the Maggie to put me around 10.5 PSI boost. Also, when I push the clutch in, it spikes to the rich side, like 11:1. Is there a problem in my base running airflow? I've been trying to dial in the MAF (using STFTs) prior to messing with the idle and such, as i didnt do a cam, so i'm hoping it wasn't too far off. Thanks, any and all help is appreciated.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2012 Camaro SS/RS M6. TVS2300 w/rear OD cog drive and ported lower manifold, On top of a forged 416.
    1999 GMC Sierra 2500. Stock 6.0L, LT headers, cat delete, and Airaid intake.
    1965 Oldmobile Cutlass. 5.7L LS1/4L60E transplant in progress from 98 TransAm donor car.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    you either have wrong injector data in your tune or those injectors are junk. very inconsistent pulsewidth
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Senior Tuner
    When you data log to make any changes...you should really let the engine warmup/run for 10-15 minutes before you log again. This will simplify a lot of things tuning these cars. After every re-flash this is necessary...otherwise you're going to log inconsistent data. Once you've got that process working out, you should see things start to make more sense and not go too lean then too rich and so on.
    2010 Camaro SS M6. Stock Bottom End, Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

Thanks Mike, that's what I try to do. I think that SultanHassanMasTuning is right anyway. The FIC injectors I bought used aren't exactly known for their accuracy, but I know people who use them with success, so I was hoping for the best. I also have a problem when I copy and paste the data from the spreadsheet I was provided, it changes slightly when I paste it into the HPtuners offset table, like around .002ish difference or so on each data point, the other tables don't do that.
    2012 Camaro SS/RS M6. TVS2300 w/rear OD cog drive and ported lower manifold, On top of a forged 416.
    1965 Oldmobile Cutlass. 5.7L LS1/4L60E transplant in progress from 98 TransAm donor car.

So i found that my pulse width adder table was wrong. However, on this table also, when I copy from the excel file, then paste into HPtuners, it changes the numbers slightly. For example, in the pulse adder table, in the .125 column, the injector data excel file says .1813, but when I enter that, it changes it to .1797. Why is it doing this, even when I type it in one cell at a time??? It does it all across the table, and also in the offset table. What am I missing?????

It's the resolution of the software/hardware. Nothing is perfectly exact. I have the same issue.
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel

Thanks. Now hopefully when I put in the right pulse adder table it will act right.