Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: PLEASE HELP!!!Cant build up on spin tires over in my c5 corvette

Quote Originally Posted by pharestutt View Post
    I will change it to 0 in his tunes and my main problem is my car dying when I launch if I launch it and it hooks it dies but if I spin when it launches it will light em up no power loss
    That is strange. So if you dont lock the brakes the car will chirp but if you lock your brakes it bogs?

Quote Originally Posted by 4horseman View Post
    That is strange. So if you dont lock the brakes the car will chirp but if you lock your brakes it bogs?
    Yea it even spins going to second gear but if I hook when I launch it boggs then but still chirps them going to second

i am still having the same problem i have a wideband now and its confirmed that when i power brake it its cutting fuel, but idk how to fix it

What's strange is that it's showing an injector PW increase as commanded and even if the throttle weren't opening as much as commanded, the MAP reading confirms it's open enough. Get us another log of it with the launch and the dying that's occurring. Log your wideband with it this time.
    Hsquared racing engines RHS 427, Procharger F2, Moran Billet Atomizer injectors, Alky Control,Mast LS7 heads, Nitrous outlet kit,Tilton quad disc clutch, DSS shaft, RKT56 ZR1 trans, RPM Quaife diff. Built and tuned by yours truly.

What plugs do you have in the car? What's the gap set at?
    Hsquared racing engines RHS 427, Procharger F2, Moran Billet Atomizer injectors, Alky Control,Mast LS7 heads, Nitrous outlet kit,Tilton quad disc clutch, DSS shaft, RKT56 ZR1 trans, RPM Quaife diff. Built and tuned by yours truly.

Quote Originally Posted by blownbluez06 View Post
    What plugs do you have in the car? What's the gap set at?
    they are autolites i dont remember gap im thinking of going with ngk tr6 instead of tr55
    btw i have noticed now that i can burn out if i barely touch the brake pedal but i still get the dying at launch
    Last edited by pharestutt; 12-30-2014 at 10:57 AM.

Is there a possibility that the fuel pump/pickup is being uncovered during hard g-loading (acceleration)? Can you check fuel pressure at the time it lays down?

Quote Originally Posted by 68Camaro View Post
    Is there a possibility that the fuel pump/pickup is being uncovered during hard g-loading (acceleration)? Can you check fuel pressure at the time it lays down?
    i have no way to check it that way

Senior Tuner
    Its the timing as I pointed out in your other post.

Quote Originally Posted by mecanicman View Post
    Its the timing as I pointed out in your other post.
    ok i have alot of work to do then do u recomend any tuning books for i can get a greater grasp on these things like yourself

I would suggest to first learn what each sensor on the motor does and the data it relays to the PCM, and how the PCM processes the information to make adjustments.

Maybe start with Greg Banish's material, Don Lasota, and some others off the top of my head. Reading here has a wealth of knowledge as well. Never be afraid to ask a question before you make a costly assumption.

The key thing to remember is that the books will not make you a world class tuner overnight. The books only give you a small remnant of what is going on.
    The best way to improve your tuning skills is actual seat time tuning.
    Last edited by POWERZONE; 01-01-2015 at 12:04 PM. Reason: spelling
    POWERZONE- AUTOMOTIVE PERFORMANCE AND TUNING SOLUTIONS
    STREET TUNING/DYNO TUNING/TRACK TUNING/REMOTE TUNING/EMAIL TUNING
    [email protected]

Senior Tuner
    ^^^^What he said^^^^ there is lots of info on here, guides, and links to guides. Some say they are obsolete, I disagree. Read, read, and read some more!

Tuner
    Never give up. The learning process is the best part. People here welling to help