Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: PLEASE HELP!!!Cant build up on spin tires over in my c5 corvette

PLEASE HELP!!!Cant build up or spin tires over in my c5 corvette

i am having a problem tuning out my torque management it seems i have changed all of the parameters everyone agrees i should change but i cannot brake and do a burnout or if i build up to around 1000 rpm and launch it my car stumbles before it picks back up... heres a copy of my tune someone please help
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by pharestutt; 05-27-2014 at 08:41 PM.

Senior Tuner
    problem is not torque management. Post a log, short drive at full temp, include your launch and burnout.

often times it's just that you're running downward, vertically on the spark map to a place where there's no timing in it. Great if you have a turbo you're trying to spool, otherwise not.
    Hsquared racing engines RHS 427, Procharger F2, Moran Billet Atomizer injectors, Alky Control,Mast LS7 heads, Nitrous outlet kit,Tilton quad disc clutch, DSS shaft, RKT56 ZR1 trans, RPM Quaife diff. Built and tuned by yours truly.

Attachment 44631

Hi did some looking at your tune vs my C5 and there are some differences you might want to compare with my tune. I have the same engine and gear ratio. I can somewhat spin my new invos and can totally shred them with a light application of the brake. Hope it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by blownbluez06 View Post
    often times it's just that you're running downward, vertically on the spark map to a place where there's no timing in it. Great if you have a turbo you're trying to spool, otherwise not.
    what do you mean

ok when im trying to do burnout ig get only 11-12 degrees how do i fix it

First your IAT's are crazy high. You need to relocate the sensor so it doesn't get heat soaked if it's reading properly.

Second, Not enough timing. Not enough fuel to do a burnout. Load and try this.
    Hsquared racing engines RHS 427, Procharger F2, Moran Billet Atomizer injectors, Alky Control,Mast LS7 heads, Nitrous outlet kit,Tilton quad disc clutch, DSS shaft, RKT56 ZR1 trans, RPM Quaife diff. Built and tuned by yours truly.

First your IAT's are crazy high. You need to relocate the sensor so it doesn't get heat soaked if it's reading properly.

Second, Not enough timing. Not enough fuel to do a burnout. Load and try this.
    I tried the tune and it didn't solve my problem anymore suggestions I can't figure it out

Get another log of it

logs

Get another log of it

Your timing is there now, but based on your narrow bands, no fuel. I've got it going into PE and commanding heavy fuel, but your narrow bands are in the dirt. I would be looking at your fuel pressure at the rail and get a wideband on it to see what you're actually yielding for fuel. No fuel, no energy to burn, no burnout.

Your timing is there now, but based on your narrow bands, no fuel. I've got it going into PE and commanding heavy fuel, but your narrow bands are in the dirt. I would be looking at your fuel pressure at the rail and get a wideband on it to see what you're actually yielding for fuel. No fuel, no energy to burn, no burnout.
    i dont have the vacuum line from the fuel pressure regulator to the intake hook up coluld that cause it ???

Advanced Tuner
    What year is the car? I don't think you ever said. 99 on don't have a vac referenced fuel pressure regulator.
    If a 97 or 98, why would you have that line disconnected?

Quote Originally Posted by RonSSnova View Post
    What year is the car? I don't think you ever said. 99 on don't have a vac referenced fuel pressure regulator.
    If a 97 or 98, why would you have that line disconnected?
    It's a 98 and there is no place for it on my cold air intake

Quote Originally Posted by pharestutt View Post
    It's a 98 and there is no place for it on my cold air intake
    It simply protrudes into to duct coupling. Run the vacuum line to a plastic nipple and insert into the duct coupling. Still not sure that will fix all your acceleration problems but its a start.

Also if you have good tires it is difficult to spin your tires on this car. I have the exact same year. 1998 with 3:15 gears and cold air intake. They have great traction off the line and "squat" on take off. The only time I really spin is if I power brake.The LS1 engine has its torque and power in the mid to high range not down low. If you want to burn tires at will change your gears to 3.42 or 3.73. Just remember spinning tires is not an efficient sign for use of power. I have left many "tire spinners" with 100 more horse than me in my rear view mirrors because they couldn't "hook up". Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by 4horseman View Post
    Also if you have good tires it is difficult to spin your tires on this car. I have the exact same year. 1998 with 3:15 gears and cold air intake. They have great traction off the line and "squat" on take off. The only time I really spin is if I power brake.The LS1 engine has its torque and power in the mid to high range not down low. If you want to burn tires at will change your gears to 3.42 or 3.73. Just remember spinning tires is not an efficient sign for use of power. I have left many "tire spinners" with 100 more horse than me in my rear view mirrors because they couldn't "hook up". Just a thought.
    My biggest problem is that I can't launch the car when I stomp it or build up and leave it bogs down before it picks back up it seems as if its cutting the injectors but I see no way to check or fix that I saw some post of people with a injector cutoff parameter in their vcm editor under torque management where the etc tps max is but I don't have it
    Last edited by pharestutt; 06-07-2014 at 11:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pharestutt View Post
    My biggest problem is that I can't launch the car when I stomp it or build up and leave it bogs down before it picks back up it seems as if its cutting the injectors but I see no way to check or fix that I saw some post of people with a injector cutoff parameter in their vcm editor under torque management where the etc tps max is but I don't have it
    Were you able to try the tune I gave you in post #4.? Like I said we have the exact same car. When its hot I also have trouble spinning unless I power brake but I run 0- 60 in 4.8 and a 1/4 in 12.9 @ 106mph with only a vararam and tranny tune. The cutting out seems like abuse mode killing your power, not the torque reduction which I see you have zeroes out. Try the tune I sent you and let me know because I know for sure what the performance numbers are without a doubt. That way if you still cant power-brake and bog down you will know its something mechanical and not a software issue.

Quote Originally Posted by 4horseman View Post
    Were you able to try the tune I gave you in post #4.? Like I said we have the exact same car. When its hot I also have trouble spinning unless I power brake but I run 0- 60 in 4.8 and a 1/4 in 12.9 @ 106mph with only a vararam and tranny tune. The cutting out seems like abuse mode killing your power, not the torque reduction which I see you have zeroes out. Try the tune I sent you and let me know because I know for sure what the performance numbers are without a doubt. That way if you still cant power-brake and bog down you will know its something mechanical and not a software issue.
    Yes I tried your tune it didn't help so what could it be