Thread: Which way to setup LSJ water/meth failsafe?

Tuner in Training

Which way to setup LSJ water/meth failsafe?

I picked up a kit that has a way to send a 5v or cut a signal when an error is detected. From what I can tell, my two choices are...

1. Allow the computer to normally control boost when the Aquamist kit is on. When it is turned off or encounters an issue, it will send full power to the bypass valve which will cut all boost and the car will run NA.

2. When the kit is turned on, the boost bypass is turned off, meaning the plate is fully open, and the ECU cannot control boost at all. When the kit is off or encounters an issue, it will allow the ECU to control boost again.

I would prefer that boost be limited to a certain PSI, but I don't think it is that easy with an SC. Which sounds better to you?

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    #2 will cause codes your not going to want to dodge.

The best proven way is switching to an in line resistor on the iat2 that gets engaged when the level drops. It allows boost and adjustable timing.

There are maybe 10 different ways you could do this to achieve a good result just pick one and work its kinks out. Anything that disables a circuit will cause you headaches. Switching them isn't as big a headache.

Tuner in Training
    It comes with a resistor for avoiding CELs.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    A resistor will not prevent mechanical malfunction codes which the sc bov does have