Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you tune a 5.0

Tuner in Training

How do you tune a 5.0

Hi,

I was hoping that some one on the forum would share a tuned file for 5.o with intake and cat-back. I already inserted credit last night and was able to see my stock file. I don’t know where to start & how can increase the timing? Adjust the fuel? Reduce torque limits? What’s a borderline spark and what to do with the 14 maps points (1-14)? What is MBT spark? how to change the IAT spark?

Why wouldn't the spark knock map work as it would on an LS and how can we tell if there is knocking. I am getting turbo kit and I want to be able to tune my car with Hp tuner.

Again if someone would answer the above and show me the way or share file for 2011 5.0 manual...

Regards

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    pull your file and post it here
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Tuner in Training
    Its is the file
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    We have posted file and appreciate assistance....

Quote Originally Posted by turbomystic View Post
    Hi,

I was hoping that some one on the forum would share a tuned file for 5.o with intake and cat-back. I already inserted credit last night and was able to see my stock file. I don’t know where to start & how can increase the timing? Adjust the fuel? Reduce torque limits? What’s a borderline spark and what to do with the 14 maps points (1-14)? What is MBT spark? how to change the IAT spark?

Why wouldn't the spark knock map work as it would on an LS and how can we tell if there is knocking. I am getting turbo kit and I want to be able to tune my car with Hp tuner.

Again if someone would answer the above and show me the way or share file for 2011 5.0 manual...

Regards
    You are picking a heck of a car to learn on lol...

We are all hitting the steep learning curve of this car. Everyone has there input and success with minor changes and others understand this ECU well enough (coming from SCT) to make drastic changes.

I've emailed Eric a few times and I've completely STOPPED tuning my Mustang until actual data logging is released. It is impossible for me or really anyone with just HPT to make the necessary changes without proper data logging.
    Total Masshole.
    2013 F150 FX4 Supercrew Ecoboost - STOCK
    2013 Mustang GT Premium - Lots of Mods, 424 RWHP SOLD
    2009 Cobalt SS/TC Black Sedan
    227whp/224wtq Stock. Dejon CP, K&N SRI, Forge BPV, Catless, BadMab Catless DP, MPx 3" Catback, HPT Tuned 328whp/425wtq. SOLD
    2004 GTO Pulse Red 1 of 512 - R.I.P. 5/31/09

Tuner in Training
    Gremlin85 ;

Very valid points but hard to admit. It is not that i don't know how to tune because i have been tuning GMs for long; its more like this product is not ready.

i also don't understand SCT or this ECU!!!...Perhaps best option is to simply wait. We have gotten addicted to the simplicity of GM HPtuners software and this product is not.

HP tuners we value all your effort.....
    Last edited by turbomystic; 05-27-2014 at 08:15 AM.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by turbomystic View Post
    Gremlin85 ;

Very valid points but hard to admit. It is not that i don't know how to tune because i have been tuning GMs for long; its more like this product is not ready.

i also don't understand SCT or this ECU!!!...Perhaps best option is to simply wait. We have gotten addicted to the simplicity of GM HPtuners software and this product is not.

HP tuners we value all your effort.....
    That's why it's a beta.

Hp tuners software is awesome on these cars. It's just not as simple as plug in and tune. Copperhead is complicated but at the same time carries over basic principals of Ford tuning dating way back to the fox bodies.. I'd honestly recommend learning on a 96-04 or paying for training maybe.. It's kinda like in the gm world skipping the older f bodies and jumping right into virtual ve
    But for basics most air fuel corrections will be made in the maf vs period table and spark would be dependent on the strategy. As far as jumping head first into a turbo car I don't know that it's smart and don't know that anyone would share a file for that honestly..
    But hell go for it! I use both sct and hpt and on copperhead I think Eric has it going on myself. I can't wait for the scanner

Tuning these cars is not as simple as the ones of the past. Even the so called experts on these cars have things they cannot explain or understand. The main reason behind this has been that there has been no decent logging for the cars, and everyone wants to corner the market up and not share what they learned.

While we are waiting on Keith to finish the 2.25 Scanner (which will have the DMRs) which are really needed to do these cars properly, I am going to add in all the helpful non-DMR parameters I can to at least have a complete package for tuning these cars. The non DMR parameters are all any of the other tuning companies are giving their customers access to, so with this release, we will be on par with the rest of them.

I hope to have this project finished by the end of the week.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by Eric@HPTuners View Post
    Tuning these cars is not as simple as the ones of the past. Even the so called experts on these cars have things they cannot explain or understand. The main reason behind this has been that there has been no decent logging for the cars, and everyone wants to corner the market up and not share what they learned.

While we are waiting on Keith to finish the 2.25 Scanner (which will have the DMRs) which are really needed to do these cars properly, I am going to add in all the helpful non-DMR parameters I can to at least have a complete package for tuning these cars. The non DMR parameters are all any of the other tuning companies are giving their customers access to, so with this release, we will be on par with the rest of them.

I have a few cars lined up waiting. I told them I was waiting on the scanner first this is good news

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric@HPTuners View Post

Good things coming soon..thank you Eric for sharing the good news

Advanced Tuner
    I have been using my CarDAQ to log with which gives me some idea as to the changes I am making in the tune via HP Tuners. Spark, fuel, converter, shift points, etc. Not a solution for everyone obviously but gives me enough data to go off of to make passes at the track and adjust as needed.

Looking forward to the HP Tuners logging so I can ditch that thing.

I'll take that CarDAQ if you're just gonna ditch it

Tuner in Training
    No replies in 11years? I need a aggressive tune file for a 2011 ford crown victoria police interceptor stock file uploading now. Also the repository says it has stock files but they do not match in the same year description
    2011 CVPI
    LIFTED 3"
    On 275 / 70 r16 Hercules MT...
    CUSTOM EXHAUST CAT BACK 2.5"
    Full Prisoner cage in back (for my dogs or my humans)
    Love It
    LAS VEGAS,NV

Advanced Tuner
    2014 + 11 == 2025

Hmmm

If math is that difficult for you then tuning is not your forte

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    good one Decipha LOL

and if i am not mistaken crown victoria still sporting the 3v engine
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

More than likely, its a 2v. But either way, not a coyote.

Advanced Tuner
    yea cv was 2v til 2011 when henry discontinued them

no 3vs but some of the sports got 4vs similar to the marauder

Tuner in Training
    2010 or 2014 who keeps up with dates like that anyhow.