Thread: LS4 throttle body issue code P2176

Advanced Tuner

LS4 throttle body issue code P2176

I am not using the proper pedal for this application (Grand prix 2006 5.3L LS4) but was able to wire it to get no codes. I'm also using a 6 wire truck TB 88mm (06 trailblazer) instead of the 8 wire TB, that is stock on the Grand Prix. I'm getting what sounds like ice break mode on Key on, and instantly get P2176 throttle not learned. Tried disabling it and I still get reduced power. If I clear it, and then start the motor it runs fine, no code, until I try to restart, then it goes to reduced power and code P2176.

Question is it the throttle body, or the pedal? Or both? I know ppl swap the 6 wire TB LS2 on the LS4 with no issue.

It seems to me like the TPS isn't set right or maybe wired the wrong direction? Anyone have the GM TAC description For the 06 Grand Prix LS4 5.3L throttle body, and pedal?

Leave that code to no error reported
    06 Grand Prix GXP, LS4-full bolt ons, Tuned by me

Advanced Tuner
    I did, set it to no error reported and unchecked SES. but it still goes into reduced power mode, unless I clear it, the start the truck, as soon as I restart its a problem again. It sounds so wired on Key on, it clicks like crazy, as if its in clear ice mode, so it must not be expecting the throttle plate to be at that position. If I flash in the SSR tune, its perfect throttle body works great?

You need to recheck your wiring then remember always go with circuit numbers when you wire it up. You can reference my sticky on ls1tech-ls4performance.

http://ls1tech.com/forums/ls4-perfor...tml?styleid=26

Do not forget to set the appropriate etc area scalar as well.
    06 Grand Prix GXP, LS4-full bolt ons, Tuned by me

Advanced Tuner
    I am using a E40/T42 with 2006 Grand Prix 5.3L V8 tune. I'm using the pedal from the colorado that this engine is in, I am not getting any pedal codes so I think that parts ok? I'm also using a 87mm truck throttle body, 6 wire from a 2006 SSR. I have eliminated circuits 605, and 604 low ref, and 5 volt ref. Have the two tps signals going opposite of each-other, but get P2176 on key on, and ice break mode, if I clear the code start the truck and drive it work for a bit then go into reduced power with P2176 again. I also tried a 8 wire three bolt 78mm TB from a 2007 expressvan. I wired it so that the TPS went in different directions, and Key o its fine doesn't, go into REP. But spits out a soft P2119, after a while it says P1516. So it does seem to like the 8 wire TB better. Supposedly the car LS2 TB swap works on the LS4 Grand Prix 5.3L forum, but may the Truck 87mm TB does not? Ar the Truck and car LS2 TB TPS settings or throttle angle different? The Grand Prix wants to see TP1 around 4 volts at rest, and TPS 2 at around 1 volt. So I'm not sure if the X-link would work, as the 78mm it emulated the TPS both move in the same direction right? It seems happy about the way the TPS moves, just its not expecting the throttle angle to be were it is. I could bleed some voltage on TPS 2, but how to raise the voltage on TPS1? Thanks maybe the X-link is what I need? -Jamie

Using HP tuners to log

6 wire 87mm TB at idle
    TPS1 3.41 volts
    TPS2 1.55 volts
    TPS pos 10%
    TPS pos 10%

AP1 10%
    AP2 20%
    Pedal 1 0.47 volts
    Pedal 2 4.00 volts
    ETC desired 19%

8 wire 78mm TB at idle
    TPS1 3.80 volts
    TPS2 1.18 volts
    TPS pos 6%
    TPS pos 6%

AP1 10%
    AP2 20%
    Pedal 1 0.47 volts
    Pedal 2 4.00 volts
    ETC desired 19%

Advanced Tuner
    Would someone be able to post up a log of stock LS4 8 wire TB and stock pedal voltages at key on, to compare two?