Thread: E83B pinout for ethanol sensor

Advanced Tuner

E83B pinout for ethanol sensor

Does anyone know the pin number for the ethanol sensor on the e83b ecu?

I want to wire in the factory ethanol sensor and im hoping they have used the same pin 40 on X1 connector like they did on the e38 but don't want to go wiring in before getting confirmation.

Appreciate any help.

Cheers

Pin 40/X1 is throttle actuator control related. I don't think this ECM has an input for a real sensor.

I should have also mentioned that there are E83 vehicles that actually support flex fuel from the factory but they do not have a real sensor either.

Advanced Tuner
    I've got the pinout/ wiring diagram for the e83b ecu now. and there are a whole bunch of unused pins on both connectors.

So im going to enable the relevant tables and start plugging wires in, but before hand im going to enable sensor support to see if it atleast flags a dtc code for unplugged.. I already have an idea on what pin it possibly is based on previous ecu pin locations that were also marked as unused locations.

Have you had any joy with this ? I'd be interested in knowing what pins are needed for this ?
    No matter what the question is, the answer is always MORE HORSEPOWER!!

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam272 View Post
    Have you had any joy with this ? I'd be interested in knowing what pins are needed for this ?
    sort of. I haven identified the exact pin yet as I'm going to order another ecu from the states to play with first, rather than risk stuffing mine.

What I have found is that when you turn on all the e85 switches. the car defaults to 100% ethanol, however I could not get it to trigger the dtc codes for low or high sensor frequency.

So the e85 tables do work and using my efilive cable I did a quick check on a bunch of sensors that read hz frequency and they either had no data as they were not in use or they were for other sensors.

efilive does however have a pid that logged ethanol sensor frequency or something like that and it read 7-8hz at idle but would shift slightly with revs and 0 at acc. - I suspect this is what I will have the correct hz once wired in and was changing purely based on electrical interference.

Another weird issue I found last night when trying to run mafless, was changing the maf high/low tables to 150/100hz the car dropped down to 71c ect and stayed there even while in closed loop!

I guess for now, if hpt are reading this can they check/add the default ethanol percentage table if there is one?

Advanced Tuner
    I got the bench harness working on the spare ecu. have informed eficonnection who will make up a proper cable.