Thread: 2007 saturn sky can't get boost where i want it

Potential Tuner

2007 saturn sky can't get boost where i want it

Hello everybody,

I have a 2007 saturn sky redline and i am having some issues with my boost pressure. Checked everything and nothing is loose or broken, but i can not get my boost to average higher than 20 psi. I have followed the lnf tuning guide and the lnf maf tuning guide. (pretty sure both of them are the ones written by back yard turbo). i have very little if any knock retard (nothing through first and second gear, showing about a degree in a few cells in third) My Desired airload tables are turned WAY up (ranging 683 to 763 in the last two columns) and i just can't seem to get boost. Max air load is 100 at 2000 rpm and above. Commanding and getting very close to .85 lambda during the entire run (was doing test and tune at the local 1/8 mile tonight). Is there something i am missing to get the boost up to the 22 to 23 psi range i hear people talking about. My car is completely stock except for hptuners. I have attached a log file from the drag strip and my tune. please help, i really need it.

trymefirst.hpt

lastbeacon52314.hpl

Advanced Tuner
    Hey sorry for the late response. I don't have my computer so I can't look at your tune but my guess is your barometric table (I forget the name) is probably set too low. You have to raise the table though and you'll boost higher. Turn your DALs back down to 220 and you should be a boosting fool.

Advanced Tuner
    Sorry I should have described the table better. The value in the table needs to be multiplied by your barometric pressure and that will tell you what your max boost should be.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for the answer. Man I still have a lot to learn. Still searching for that table but once I find it I will update. Again thank you.

Advanced Tuner
    Engine/Torque Management/Turbocharger/Pressure RPM Factor is the table. I had to try to memorize that so it might be slightly off haha. The name of the table is correct at least. Increase it to a value of 6. When your done tuning you should lower back down to what you see fit.

Tuner in Training
    What I usually do is make changes in percentages to the DAL then make the same percentage change to the wastegate duty cycle correction table. For me this seems to help me get to the boost I need.
    2008 Saturn Sky Redline - ZZP Downpipe, DDM Backbone, DDM Probeam

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix - Heads, ST5 Cam, Comp Turbo 6765 Intercooled, E85

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    Set dals to 255 which is max value. Remove all limiting factors. Raise wgdc up until 21 to 23 psi is achieved. Go under torque management and use the pid tables to define the rest of your spool issues. Mike knows how they work

Potential Tuner
    Just double checking everything. I go to airflow/general/desired air load and set to 255? And then adjust waste gate duty cycle for increased boost?

and what limiting factors should I be removing? This is my first time tuning for a turbo.

Potential Tuner
    And are you talking about the duty cycle corr table?

Advanced Tuner
    PM me and I'll send my phone number and we can text for help if you want. It'll be easier and quicker.

If you haven't called mike yet in my signature there are videos on lnf tuning. Watch them then ask the questions you have left over.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks everyone for the help. I will watch the videos and call mike. You guys are great. Thank you.

Watching the videos first will just maximize the benefit vs time you will spend talking to mike. Good luck and post updates.