Thread: Pat on the back needed for Eric and the crew at hpt

Pat on the back needed for Eric and the crew at hpt

I'm literally sitting in a 2013 f150 playing with hpt right now. Same truck has an sct and I back to back compared advantage to hpt. Not only are there more parameters avaliable in hpt with descriptions at that but the flashing speed kills the x3. Can't wait to get the scanner up and going :high5:
    Thanks guys!
    Last edited by Matt@MMP; 05-23-2014 at 12:57 PM.

Senior Tuner
    Like button.

Tuner in Training
    The X3 does take a very long time to flash while the HPT does it pretty quick. Only thing I did notice in only one 2013 F-150 was the loud pop. I expected it from another thread mentioning it and I made sure to tell the customer it may happen (which it did), other than that, I love it. Can't wait to see what Eric does to the scanner

I been playing with my brother F-150 2013, Going pretty good I'm still waiting what they say about the fuel cut can't make it pass over 6,250 rpm's.
    I been playing with the tranny and i like how its shifting, I'm still trying to raise the timing right now its siting at 15* WOT. Nice work Erick

I can't wait till i get the hang of it like the GM.

Matt, have you raise the timing on the truck? I raise the mapped points on the borderline like Erick say but I don't see no change it keeps staying in 15 - 16 degrees.

Quote Originally Posted by =fast= View Post
    Matt, have you raise the timing on the truck? I raise the mapped points on the borderline like Erick say but I don't see no change it keeps staying in 15 - 16 degrees.
    Which tables are you raising the borderline knock? No OP on those, so it must reference one of the others.
    www.crawford-racing.com
    Home of the original and best selling CR-Fueler plug and play port injection controller kits for all GM Gen V direct injection platforms.

^^^No, Erick says the mapped points under borderline knock (alcohol)

Quote Originally Posted by =fast= View Post
    Yup, gotta know where it is operating wot. All changes to spark are made in the bkt tables in Ford. You have probably missed an adder/multiplier somewhere. Have to be careful or it will revert to mbt. Ford spark tables always revert to table with lowest spark value after all adders and all are considered. So basically make it give what u want with that in mind

Quote Originally Posted by Matt@MMP View Post
    Yup, gotta know where it is operating wot. All changes to spark are made in the bkt tables in Ford. You have probably missed an adder/multiplier somewhere. Have to be careful or it will revert to mbt. Ford spark tables always revert to table with lowest spark value after all adders and all are considered. So basically make it give what u want with that in mind
    Out of the 14 mapped points, and one Optimum power point....Out of those that are activated, how do we know which mapped point we are getting timing from? Also, say the stock table goes to 6000 rpm, and we shift at say 7k rpm...What happens if the timing and vct cam tables are left stock and not rescaled after the rpm has been exceeded in the tables?

Quote Originally Posted by 02reaper View Post
    Out of the 14 mapped points, and one Optimum power point....Out of those that are activated, how do we know which mapped point we are getting timing from? Also, say the stock table goes to 6000 rpm, and we shift at say 7k rpm...What happens if the timing and vct cam tables are left stock and not rescaled after the rpm has been exceeded in the tables?
    It goes to the distance tables with op disabled. You will be able to log soon enough. As for rpm question it will maintain the last block on timing at say 6k. Best to re normalize spark tables though.. I just recently figured out how to do that in hpt lol. Sct displays X and y norms in description usually on hpt it's done right on the table I believe. Eric can chime in on that. But if u right click the upper corner of a table you can change axis values in hpt. I enabled op on the f150 I'm playing with and it developed some weird Surging. I think there are a ton of gains in spark and torque management alone in f150. I may strap this thing down to dyno and try both with and without op
    Last edited by Matt@MMP; 05-26-2014 at 11:34 AM.

Tuner in Training
    It goes to the distance tables with op disabled. You will be able to log soon enough. As for rpm question it will maintain the last block on timing at say 6k. Best to re normalize spark tables though.. I just recently figured out how to do that in hpt lol. Sct displays X and y norms in description usually on hpt it's done right on the table I believe. Eric can chime in on that. But if u right click the upper corner of a table you can change axis values in hpt. I enabled op on the f150 I'm playing with and it developed some weird Surging. I think there are a ton of gains in spark and torque management alone in f150. I may strap this thing down to dyno and try both with and without op
    I was having problems with finding the normalizers as well but Eric informed me that in HPT, you just directly click on them like say you want to change load values, just click on load. You can then start changing those values.

Yup exactly

Please post what you find out if you do!

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Ortiz View Post
    I was having problems with finding the normalizers as well but Eric informed me that in HPT, you just directly click on them like say you want to change load values, just click on load. You can then start changing those values.
    If a table axis label is underlined in HP tuners, the axis is scalable by clicking the axis label which opens the normalizer table.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by ElecTech View Post
    If a table axis label is underlined in HP tuners, the axis is scalable by clicking the axis label which opens the normalizer table.
    Didn't know about the underlined part. Thanks for the info. I was going crazy looking for them a while back.

Quote Originally Posted by 02reaper View Post
    With logging. If not in OP mode, the weighting factor of each point will show a percentage (once scanner is released) of how much timing is coming from that table. So you may be getting 30% from one mapped point, and 25% from another, and yet 5% from another. It all comes together for the final spark value.

Copperhead is fun ain't it?

I'm literally sitting in a 2013 f150 playing with hpt right now. Same truck has an sct and I back to back compared advantage to hpt. Not only are there more parameters avaliable in hpt with descriptions at that but the flashing speed kills the x3. Can't wait to get the scanner up and going :high5:
    Thanks guys!
    thanks. We aren't even done yet!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric@HPTuners View Post
    With logging. If not in OP mode, the weighting factor of each point will show a percentage (once scanner is released) of how much timing is coming from that table. So you may be getting 30% from one mapped point, and 25% from another, and yet 5% from another. It all comes together for the final spark value.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric@HPTuners View Post
    Copperhead is fun ain't it?
    Okay....Lol, yeah its killing me not being able to understand how this mapped point thing is so far.