Thread: on3 turbo 08gt wont start after fuel pump installation

Tuner in Training

on3 turbo 08gt wont start after fuel pump installation

my friend has a on3 turbo 08 mustang gt with 39lbs cobra injectors and walbro 400lph fuel pump module. if i take the fuel pump out and reinstall factory pump it starts right up and runs fine. put the walbro back in and leave the pressure hose off the top of pump module and it comes on and runs but no fuel comes out. we have sent the pump back to walbro and they tested and said it is working fine. put in a 5 gal bucket with fuel and ran 12v to it and it does indeed work fine. began changing the numbers in voltage vs flow vs pressure table and still cant get the pump to prime. ended up with the whole table set to 12.6v and gave up. billys newest tune 2 was the tune we were driving around on with stock fuel pump. the other tune is what i had changed to try and get it running with the walbro. thanks in advance for any and all help. please dont be rude about anything out of place in the tune as i am by no means a professional and it is also far from finished.

thanks Josh
    Attached Files Attached Files

Return fuel set up? I'm not on computer so cant look at file but if it is there are some changes that need to be made..

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt@MMP View Post
    Return fuel set up? I'm not on computer so cant look at file but if it is there are some changes that need to be made..
    no it is still returnless. the pump is factory replacement. comes with whole module assembly. even has level sensor on it. here is a link to it http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...-Mustang-06-09 i did just realize when looking that up that there is different part numbers for the 05 then from the 06-09 going to verify that he ordered the correct pump for his year.

Tuner in Training
    just had my friend forward me his order summary and it looks like he did select the correct pump for his year. i also checked for continuity from connector to post at fuel pump and they were good. also verified that the connector was pinned properly for the cars fuel pump controls.

Advanced Tuner
    The only difference in the years is the fuel level sensor.. Shouldnt cause a no-start.

The no-start is probably due to that pump and the programming needed to run it.

Since he is still running returnless.. The easiest, pain free way of adding fuel supply is the GT500 fuel pump setup. Drops in, the tuning variables are readily available, and it will support quite alot of power.

This pump definitelly needs programming. I have no ready tables for You, due I have all off them made in mixed mode, so voltage controlled and mechanical pressure regulator.
    I think is 2-3 weeks I'll have such table ready for non returnless. Anyway, I'm running this pump 650 HP at crank in one car and looks I could more.

You can't tune it without having SCT for logging.
    Eastern and Central Europe American Muscle and Harley-Davidson tuning
    www.hd-customs.pl
    http://www.facebook.com/hdcustomspl

Potential Tuner
    Check the plug on the hat, Walbro wired mine backwards.