Thread: Throttle lurch TVS E78 Silverado

Throttle lurch TVS E78 Silverado

I am working with a 2011 Silverado 6.0 A6 with a TVS1900. The truck is fairly stock with the exception of the blower (3.0") upper pulley, shorty headers, cat-back and a CAI. I have tuned the MAF so that it is very well setup and feel the tune is pretty well setup. The issue that I am having is a throttle surge or lurch when you are slowly moving the accelerator pedal down. If you open my log using the config posted you will see it happen in frame 17.70. The truck lurches momentarily and then settles back in as it should. When it lurches the TPS position jumps from around 40% to around 60% and it spikes the boost to around 7psi.

This is definitely a torque request setup issue. I have tried running the truck with a variety of TM settings and this issues does not appear to be changing. In the log file you will notice that the pedal axle torque request jumps up and appears to be the input that the pcm is seeing to push the throttle blade open. I don't know what table/s affect this and was hoping someone could help shed light on the subject. Thanks in advance! Carl T.
    Torque management.hpl
    E78 Torque request.cfg
    CJTuned 11 2500 TVS1900 Reduced torque managment.hpt
    01 WS6-M6, PRC Stage 2.5 5.3's, MS4, Kooks 1 3/4", custom built full true duals w/ X-pipe, SLP lid, tuned via HPTuners

I have been continuing to work on this with no success. I did notice that it will do the same thing with the cruise control on (takes pedal request out of the picture). Any thoughts?

So I have been continuing to work with this truck to no avail! I have adjusted the driver demand tables taking as much as half out and although the shifting changes dramatically there is no difference in the surge or lurch symptom. I have read through the E78 torque request sticky that HPTuners put together which was very helpful in understanding but I can not find what is requesting this immediate torque request.

Should I post this in the Gen5 section since it is a newer gen controller? I see why Maggie stopped selling TVS blowers on E78 equipped trucks! Any help would be very much appreciated, thanks in advance! Also my tune file, config and scan are in the first post (not sure why it posted so unusual).
    01 WS6-M6, PRC Stage 2.5 5.3's, MS4, Kooks 1 3/4", custom built full true duals w/ X-pipe, SLP lid, tuned via HPTuners

Bump on up, still working with this truck. Any thoughts or help would be very much appreciated. I am willing to compensate if someone could provide insight on this.

I did reflash the ECU with a stock GM tune file to make sure nothing was corrupt as it has been worked on at a couple of other places before I got it. I also installed a LS9/A map sensor so I can properly log boost.

Note: As you look at the driver final axle torque request it follows actual axle torque until frame 13.4 where it shoots up with no reason.

Potential Tuner

I am also having this problem w mine

I have a tvs 1900 on my 12 gmc hd have the surging but mine started when I did my cam swap and deleted the front cover sensor for vvt so it could go ls7 front cover and 3 bolt cam at the same time the throttle body was ported and the second smallest pulley they recommend for the 1900 was installed so I thought it was sucking the factory throttle body open so swapped it to an ls2 throttle body then my current throttle body is a gold blade ls7 ported by Tony mamo...and it's the same problem so I got to thinking back as I have dealt w this problem for about 50k now and I'm seriously thinking is something to do w deleting the front cover sensor?.... any insight?

Tuner in Training
    Any updates on this? I just put a Maggie on my 2013 2500HD and I'm having the exact same issues...