Thread: Hesitation on throttle response 3V 4.6L

Hesitation on throttle response 3V 4.6L

Got my HP Tuners suite installed today. It's been a while since I've done any ECM tuning and admittedly it was on a much simpler system. Working on a NA '07 Mustang GT with cams and full bolt-ons.

Anyway, I'm pretty happy with where I'm at with the tune after a couple iterations today, but I'm having trouble tuning out a hesitation from idle or if I'm trying to rev match on a down shift. The engine lags and then will rev, but the lag is annoying. I've got a couple tuning books that I've been reading and will eventually have a log to post, but I'm curious if anyone has any advice where I should start looking? I've got a wideband on the car and based on the the wideband values, it appears to be running might lean in both idle and decel.

Thanks in advance. Excited to be part of the tuning community.

CSR

Advanced Tuner
    Does the car have an aftermarket throttle body?

Try logging pedal position vs etc position.

Can you post the tune and maybe a log? People will be more likely to help if they can look at it. Did you disable the ETC Torque Mangement?

EDIT: Sorry saw you said that you were working on posting up a log.

I would try going under "Torque Management" "Tip-In Torque Rate Max" Change the entire table to the highest value. Mine was 73,756.21. This eliminated the "laggy throttle feel" on my car. Someone may chine in with more details, but my understanding is that this table limits how quickly the requested torque is delivered on tip in.
    Last edited by Exley; 06-01-2014 at 05:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Exley View Post
    Can you post the tune and maybe a log? People will be more likely to help if they can look at it. Did you disable the ETC Torque Mangement?

EDIT: Sorry saw you said that you were working on posting up a log.

I would try going under "Torque Management" "Tip-In Torque Rate Max" Change the entire table to the highest value. Mine was 73,756.21. This eliminated the "laggy throttle feel" on my car. Someone may chine in with more details, but my understanding is that this table limits how quickly the requested torque is delivered on tip in.
    That is correct.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC