Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2013 F-150 advancetrac on hitting rev??

2013 F-150 advancetrac on hitting rev??

I just start messing with this 2013 f150, I did some minor changes just to get the hang of it nothing major.
    I change the fuel cutoff, speed limiter, shift points, and idle.

After the write the advancetrac pop up, It still cutoff at 6,250 when I insert 7,000. The only thing work was the idle and speed limiter
    I know nothing major but I test this just to see how it goes.

What can I do to get the rev limiter off?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advancetrac shut off now.
    Now i can't see why it still not passing over 6250 rpm's when i insert 7000 rpm's
    Last edited by =fast=; 05-20-2014 at 10:03 PM.

Tried to view the file and got a check sum error

I know they have a rev limiter based on EOT as well you have to raise. At least they do on the mustangs.

RPM Limit vs EOT under your Fuel/Cutoff tab
    Last edited by Matt@MMP; 05-20-2014 at 10:27 PM.

I just download the new beta for the F-series.

Do they also have the driveshaft limiter like the mustangs?

You'd have to raise that to 10,000 or higher. It's under Transmission>General> Limits>Driveshaft in the Mustangs....
    Total Masshole.
    2013 F150 FX4 Supercrew Ecoboost - STOCK
    2013 Mustang GT Premium - Lots of Mods, 424 RWHP SOLD
    2009 Cobalt SS/TC Black Sedan
    227whp/224wtq Stock. Dejon CP, K&N SRI, Forge BPV, Catless, BadMab Catless DP, MPx 3" Catback, HPT Tuned 328whp/425wtq. SOLD
    2004 GTO Pulse Red 1 of 512 - R.I.P. 5/31/09

Yes I saw that when I was searching around but the stock tune already had 16,000 rpm's if I remember.
    I don't have my lap top right to check it out, but I know it was high.

Quote Originally Posted by =fast= View Post
    Yes I saw that when I was searching around but the stock tune already had 16,000 rpm's if I remember.
    I don't have my lap top right to check it out, but I know it was high.
    Yes, there are several limiters, make sure you get them all. If you still run into an issue, email support, and I will look further into it.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Ok will check it out later today.

The OSS Max is ~6500 RPM in the file in your first post.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Yes I have not change that since it's cutting at 6200, But I will try that in a couple minutes.

Erick I have some questions, To get more timing on this truck i should raise the borderline optimum power and MBT optimum power? Engine torque management can I raise the torque limit and disable torque module switch and torque intervetion?

Last one what can i take off on the transmission torque management? I would not want to break something, I know I can half the upshift and downshift bu tthe general, torque truncation, and torque limit not to sure on it.

Yes I have not change that since it's cutting at 6200, But I will try that in a couple minutes.

Erick I have some questions, To get more timing on this truck i should raise the borderline optimum power and MBT optimum power? Engine torque management can I raise the torque limit and disable torque module switch and torque intervetion?

Last one what can i take off on the transmission torque management? I would not want to break something, I know I can half the upshift and downshift bu tthe general, torque truncation, and torque limit not to sure on it.
    This is a truly complex question.

The optimum power tables are not used in this calibration. If you look at the Mapped Points Configuration, in the VCT section, you will see that they are calibrated off.

Also, there is never a reason to change the MBT tables, unless you have drastically changed the engine in such a way that the MBT table is no longer correct.

The torque module switch should not be disabled. Since almost everything is torque based, disabling it make the vehicle do some odd things.

For liability reasons, I can't tell you something is going to break or not in regards to the transmission torque limiting.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Wonder why the optimum power tables are calibrated off in the F150's?

MPH as well as RPM have to be set for the transmission in the F150 to make the shift from what I have experienced. Make sure your mph is set to shift at the rpm you want in each gear also.

Quote Originally Posted by 02reaper View Post
    MPH as well as RPM have to be set for the transmission in the F150 to make the shift from what I have experienced. Make sure your mph is set to shift at the rpm you want in each gear also.
    Yes I tuned couple of 4.6 before and had to set the MPH to shift at the RPM I wanted.

So there's no reason to mess with the MBT. Kinda got lost but where do i raise the timing?

So there's no reason to mess with the MBT. Kinda got lost but where do i raise the timing?
    Borderline knock
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Borderline knock (alcohol)?

Borderline knock (alcohol)?
    No, you would need to tune the Mapped Points under it. I am going to move the Alcohol table in the next few updates, as I add everything for the Flex Fuel logic to work.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

OK, I was wondering if I can make a table on the scanner like the mapped points (vct mapped points1 vs rpm vs load) so I can scan and see where to add timing?

OK, I was wondering if I can make a table on the scanner like the mapped points (vct mapped points1 vs rpm vs load) so I can scan and see where to add timing?

I'm still working out how this will be done in the scanner. First, the 2.25 scanner will need to be released and DMR parameters in it, so you can log weighting factors. Once tuners see what real logging looks like on the Copperhead, they will quickly realize how in the dark they have been tuning these things with minimal information.

The 4D tables, are very complex.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC