Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cylinder 1 misfire and lots of knock

Tuner in Training
    Ya I always torque them to spec so I'm not sure what happened there. Ill keep y'all updated if this was the problem.

Tuner in Training
    Update. The plug moving and torque adjustment did not work. Still cylinder 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Wired View Post
    I do have a code for cylinder 1 misfire (forgot to say that) and it was the result of many WOT pulls resulting in the flashing engine light and a pending code for cylinder 1. I do hear a sort of popping sound but I was thinking it was the sound of the misfire itself through the exhaust.

I also plan on a conservative tune for some bolt ons around the 300/350 zone once my power train warranty is up.
    Could be a failing injector seal on #1, mine popped popcorn when I lost #3 on my '08 LNF. I don't remember when they switched to the upgraded (black) ones, should have by yours though. COB will know.
    Last edited by Iam Broke; 05-31-2014 at 08:08 AM.
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel

Advanced Tuner
    2010 had the upgraded seals so he should be good.

Tuner in Training
    The sound is not as close to popcorn (not super loud) as it is a poofing/misfire sound from the exhaust. I guess I'll have to make an appointment and hope my useless power train warranty covers it