Thread: Enrichment Ramp In causing slight hesitation.

Enrichment Ramp In causing slight hesitation.

I've got a 2013 Camaro ZL1 convertible. Only mod is a Roto-Fab Cold air intake. Other than some torque management removal and fan adjustment, the tune is all stock.

I had the car dyno'd today just to verify fueling with the cold air intake. It was found to be running slightly lean in the 2000-4000 rpm range. Some adjustments were made to the PE EQ ratio and MAF table along with the enrichment ramp in increased to 1 and the COT protection disabled.

Car runs great except now I notice a slight hesitation or jolt in the 2000-3000 rpm range under aggressive acceleration. I assume this is the PE kicking in and because the rate it's coming in is faster than stock I'm noticing it.

Would it hurt to back off the rate slightly -- say decrease it in 0.25 increments until I don't notice the jolt/hesitation anymore? Other than taking slightly longer to reach the commanded AFR, what drawback would there be to lowering the enrichment ramp in?

Below are before and after data logs. You can see the differences in ramp in rates around the 47 sec mark on the Dyno Run 002 and the 55 sec mark on Dyno Run 006

Just curious as to everyone's opinion.

Thanks!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner
    The enrichment rate isn't going to cause that. I doubt you'd actually "feel" any difference by adjusting it.
    Is this the same stumble that you felt and posted about before?
    2013 ZL1 A6

Quote Originally Posted by SICK WS 6 View Post
    The enrichment rate isn't going to cause that. I doubt you'd actually "feel" any difference by adjusting it.
    Is this the same stumble that you felt and posted about before?
    No. The car had a 10% overdrive pulley and ID 850 injectors at the time and obviously a different tune. Since then it has been returned back to the stock damper and stock injectors. Only mod now is the cold air intake.

I've been running the stock tune for fueling and spark until today. With it stock, I could hear power enrichment kick in but I never felt anything from the car. Acceleration was very smooth.

Could rescaling the MAF table cause the little jolt I'm feeling?

Tuner
    I wouldn't think so but I don't know what the "jolt" feels like. Nor would I think you could feel or hear PE kick in.
    2013 ZL1 A6

Hesitation is not caused by rich conditions, it is caused by lean spikes. On the contrary, a rich condition is needed to achieve a responsive throttle response. Proper enrichment rate makes it snappy.
    If you have the proper afr and enrichment rate and the hesitation persists, then you have another issue, most likely timing curve
    9 sec Montecarlo SS