Thread: false knock interpretation please

Tuner in Training

false knock interpretation please

I am definitely thinking this is false knock, but I wanted to see if there was anything I was missing that might lead you to think otherwise. O2 readings look good at the time that I start to see it. Car is 02 t/a twin turbocharged 408 lsx block with ls2 conversion knock sensors on the side of the block with 4l80e. Hydraulic cam btw. Car is running 10psi on 91 octane with 22 total degrees timing at 5000' elevation.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    Am I leaving something out or missing some info?

Quote Originally Posted by ta02zx10r View Post
    Am I leaving something out or missing some info?
    I honestly don't know how to tell false from real. Suggestions I've been given.

1. Use race gas and see if it is still there

2. take timing form cells with knock, if it is still there, its probably false. However, I did this and I still had knock which I think was from too low of timing. At 22 degrees, I doubt you'll have that issue.

Advanced Tuner
    I think your being pretty generous with 22 degrees of timing. It's most likely REAL knock.

Pull the plugs and check them

Tuner
    22* of timing??????? I would start at 12 and work you're way up SLOWLY. Do you use meth or water injection?

Senior Tuner
    are u sure its not lean knock..? i had a similar issue after some mods and found out it wasnt getting the fuel it needed...