Thread: how do i change the transmission gear ratios

Potential Tuner

how do i change the transmission gear ratios

Hi all, I went through my 4l60e and installed the patc power gear which changes first and second gear ratios. I cant find any table that has the gear ratios listed so I can change them. Ive searched the forum till my eye are about to bleed. Thanks for any and all help-prestons

Potential Tuner
    Well aparently when you use the different ratio gear set in the 4l60e the shift points are close enough to drive it and make adjustments on. When i bought my power gear from patc they said the ratios would have to be changed in the computer, and if not it wouldnt shift and would throw codes for incorrect gear ratio. Another forum said all the adjustments i need to make is the shift points. So i took the truck out and made some logs that i screwed up when i went to save, and it drove good. So if anyone else does this to their trans and comes searching for answers hopefully this helps. I was thinking there would be a table to set the ratios on like the one for the rear end and tires.

See if you have it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Potential Tuner
    no in mine I have the same tabs--auto shift properties then general and under that I have a drop down menu that I can select different transmissions and under that it has a drop down menu to select performance option switches all that is there is general and force motor current no ratio selection. I would take a screen shot like you did but I don't know how. thanks for responding

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    email me your file.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"