Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Timing over 1.36 cyl air mas?

I just did this per Sultan's suggestion and it helped a lot!
    Go to your high octane spark table and click on the words "cylinder airmass" on left side of table. Another table appears allowing you to modify your g/cyl values. I started at 1.00 and ramped up in .05 increments (instead of .04) to show 1.05, 1.10....1.45.
    1.44 g/cyl is the max I've seen on my truck at 8 psi so you'll obviously have to modify in larger increments (.06 or .07) or start modifying sooner (0.88-0.92 g/cyl) or both.

Hope this helps 02ls1
    And much thanks to The Sultan!
    2012 Colorado 5.3
    Magnum 70mm turbo
    RevMax 2800 stall converter
    DevilsOwn meth

Quote Originally Posted by SultanHassanMasTuning View Post
    change the axis on your timing tables High or low and it will automatically change all other tables.
    Whoa! That looks scary if you're not careful. When you adjust the axis all the spark values stay the same as the previous cell contents.

e.g. If you adjust your scale to a maximum of 1.80 g/cyl and interpolate between the lowest cylinder air mass and the new maximum the cells stay the same.

So if 1.36 g/cyl at 6000 rpm was 15 deg of advance previously, after rescaling the axis 1.80 g/cyl would have 15 deg of advance and 1.36 g/cyl would be somewhere in the middle of the original table with a much higher spark advance.

To do that correctly it looks like you would need to copy all the data from 1.36g/cyl and below into the new adjusted table and create new values for everything above 1.36 g/cyl.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    when rescaling the timing axis, its only common sense to redo the timing (lower) in the upper airmass regions
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Quote Originally Posted by SultanHassanMasTuning View Post
    when rescaling the timing axis, its only common sense to redo the timing (lower) in the upper airmass regions
    YES! Should have mentioned that in previous post.
    2012 Colorado 5.3
    Magnum 70mm turbo
    RevMax 2800 stall converter
    DevilsOwn meth

Can you simply change the last 2-3 columns to 1.5-2.0? This way the main spark table doesn't need to be reworked? Plus you keep the resolution down low. Or does this cause problems?
    2010 Camaro LS3 (E38 ECU - Spark only). MS3X running complete RTT fuel control (wideband).
    Whipple 2.9L, 3.875" Pulley, kit injectors, supplied MSD Boost-A-Pump, stock pump
    LG Motorsports 1 7/8" Headers - No Cats, stock mid pipe with JBA Axle Back
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

The ECM is smart... The table will interpolate between breakpoints. So for instance if you are pulling 1.5 g/cyl on the logger and your table is setup so that it goes from 1.40 g/cyl to 1.60 g/cyl breakpoint and you have 15deg in the 1.40 g/cyl cell and 11deg in the 1.60 g/cyl cell it will actually command a base of 13deg which is dead center of those two breakpoints. Now obviously from that point you have AFR, IAT, ECT and other corrections or multipliers that will manipulate the final delivered timing value but thats how the main spark table works.
    James Short - [email protected]
    Located in Central Kentucky
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400

So is this one way of working around the timing limits on an E38 instead of scaling the tune? The ECM in my car will accept an 127lb injector, and read above 512 gm/sec, but I still thought that scaling the tune was the only way to control timing over 1.38gm/cyl. I'm getting close with my current setup, and if I install headers and cam I'm thinking I might exceed that. Is the only drawback of doing it this way is losing resolution in the timing table? Or am I just a dummy who misunderstands this whole thread.
    2012 Camaro SS/RS M6. TVS2300 w/rear OD cog drive and ported lower manifold, On top of a forged 416.
    1999 GMC Sierra 2500. Stock 6.0L, LT headers, cat delete, and Airaid intake.
    1965 Oldmobile Cutlass. 5.7L LS1/4L60E transplant in progress from 98 TransAm donor car.

Advanced Tuner

airmass axis edit????

So i edit the airmass axis to read 2.30 g/cyl, My log shows what happen to the timing table.
    One thing was that on my Histogram Display timing table just shows to 1.36 g/cyl and at idle, cruise and WOT timing only reads at 1.36 g/cyl.
    Attached Files Attached Files

^looking at your actual chart display your hitting 2.14 or so and dropping to 1.8

log torque management and see whats going on

Advanced Tuner
    Yes I seen that the max it goes its to 2.43 I think.

What you think about the cruise mode that the timing its only showing at 1.36 g/cyl?

Did i edit the airmass axis right? I will check on the torque management.

^your cruising on the logs are between .20 and .25 looks normal