Thread: 2007 SKY RL weird problem help, PLEASE

2007 SKY RL weird problem help, PLEASE

The car is a 2007 Saturn SKY RedLine with the LNF motor, 20224 miles always babied!

Car is equipped with a PCM For Less ECU, but is otherwise stock, and never had any problems prior. I started driving it a few weeks ago and the CEL goes on for a P0101 MAF out of range and it goes into limp mode. I install a new MAF, it drives fine for s short while, but when on the throttle it will rev and boost correctly once, but on the second time it throttles back into what feels like limp mode (4psi) but doesn't throw a code. Oddly some times it resets from limp mode after a few miles and other times it does not.

I've overwritten the PCM For Less tune with 4 customized data tunes and it still does the same thing.

I've checked for boost leaks, system checks OK to 30PSI, no leaks.

I've I've installed a 3rd MAF same behavior.

I installed the GMPP TMAP sensors and adjusted the tune for them, same behavior.

I have installed 3 different tunes from my 2008 Saturn SKY RedLine that I know for sure are correct and still the same behavior.

I have checked all harnesses and fluid levels the car is basically showroom stock perfect.

Any ideas of where to look would be great I have attached a log file or two

--Christian

Wallys new tune scan 1.hpl
    Wallys new tune scan 2.hpl
    Wallys new tune scan 3.hpl
    Wallys new tune scan 4.hpl
    Wallys new tune scan 5.hpl

I looked at the first log, MAF only. It's insanely out of whack. Go back to the tune and double/triple check your MAF values. What year car was the PCM For Less ECU out of? I have a 2007 and 2009. IIRC the 2007 ECU is not compatible or interchangeable with any other year. Can you find one out of another 2007 to swap in?

I just double checked. HUGE difference between MAF values of 2007 & 2009 tunes. I'm extremely careful when transferring info between the two, like timing tables, to never mix and match. That's probably your issue. Find a 2007 tune for MAF values.

MAF values are from a 2007 SKY RedLine GMPP tune

--Christian

2007 Saturn SKY RedLine Walley 2nd Mod.hpt

Just went through your whole tune. Looks fairly stock, no real issues there. Your MAF values are fine and almost identical to my 91 octane values.

1) What fuel are you running?

2) Do you have another ecu you can swap in quickly to rule out the one you're running now as the issue?

Tuner
    I'm new here, but I know that an '07 ECM will not work with '08-'10 GXPs. Is the same true of the tune?

I just swapped in the stock ECU, I'm soooo glad I got the PCMforLess tune on an extra ECU, and it runs fine.

What's weird is the PCM tune ran fine until the MAF died...

I'm going to do a full read on the stock ECU and try loading that on to the PCMforLess ECU, and see how it works.

--Christian

Tuner
    So you have the GMPP sensor. Is the plug for it soldered or did they/you use the crimpers that were in the kit? Again I'm new so you probably already know this, but if you used the crimpers, solder the wires together instead. Many issues from the crimped wires....

Good shit. Update us on that pcm for less ecu