Thread: Some help needed reading tune in Torque

Tuner

Some help needed reading tune in Torque

I have been trying to figure out if I have a good tune or not in my Solstice GXP. I have some datalogs of my average driving (cold start and some 1-3 gear pulls after warmup) and I was wondering if someone could look at them and see what they think. I think it might be on the edge of extremely aggressive, but I'm not sure... I have an excel spreadsheet of it that works..... The first portion is everyday driving from cold start on....the second run is a pull from 1-3 and the third is a pull from 1-3..... I added the cold start run..... I couldn't add all of it since it was 1MB.
    Attached Files Attached Files

In terms of safety, always use KR and reading the plugs. For performance, choose something that's easier to monitor than a full run through all the gears. The reason I say this is that it's extremely hard to get the exact same reaction time for shifts. Eliminating those variances makes it easier. Instead, try doing only a 3rd gear pull. Floor it at 57, read from 60-80 mph (or 60-100mph if you've bumped your redline to 7k). This will let you compare more easily because the car will be in a steady-state mode.

You can also use virtualdyno.net as a tool. Upload your logs to it and it'll calculate whp/wtq. We compared the numbers to a dyno jet pull same day for a Mazdaspeed 3. Difference was 1hp & 1tq when corrected for temp and pressure. Pretty good tool.

Post a log and your tune. I'll check it out. Seeing you're from MI, I picked up my GXP coupe from a guy in Sterling Heights.

Tuner
    That's where the problem lies. I can get the Torque data log, but I can't get my tune. I don't have anything to read the tune....yet.

I wish i could get torque to read boost over 22.5psi, but i need the PID for the lo res boost sensor (not same as PID.2338 as in HP tuners).
    The Daily: 08 SS/TC, fully built 2.0L LDK, Wiseco pistons, K1 rods, ARP head studs, upgraded main bolts, S257sx-e, Opels, ZZP stage 2 cams, BRC 5th injector, E47, AEM E85 fuel pump, custom 3.5" intake and PCV system, custom catless downpipe, 4.05 LSD, custom KY frankenclutch, ZZP full 3" catback with res and muffler, lowered on CM springs, lots of other ZZP parts, built and tuned by BRC Tuning.

PICK TWO: CHEAP, FAST, RELIABLE

Quote Originally Posted by The_Ghost View Post
    I have been trying to figure out if I have a good tune or not in my Solstice GXP. I have some datalogs of my average driving (cold start and some 1-3 gear pulls after warmup) and I was wondering if someone could look at them and see what they think. I think it might be on the edge of extremely aggressive, but I'm not sure... I have an excel spreadsheet of it that works..... The first portion is everyday driving from cold start on....the second run is a pull from 1-3 and the third is a pull from 1-3..... I added the cold start run..... I couldn't add all of it since it was 1MB.
    What did you use to log your data?