Thread: LS1 wont rev HELP!

Tuner in Training

LS1 wont rev HELP!

Hi,

I have a LS1 with a GM motorsports Turbo killer 2 cam in it. With the standard tune the car would run but not idle by itself (what I would expect) after tuning it to mafless I can get it to Idle but nothing more. Every time I stab the throttle it dies and stalls. On occasions it will rev to about 2800rpm then die again. Has anyone come across this issue before? Is it just to lean or have I maybe missed something in the setup?

I am having trouble attaching a file so if you can help send me your email and I will send it to you.

Thanks in advance,

Cristian
    Ultimate Tunes

Tuner
    Probably a good idea to figure out how to post the files. It will get you an answer much more quickly.
    2001 Z06 : 856/830 : Built LQ9 403ci : D1SC 17psi : Self-built , self-tuned.

Tuner in Training
    Here is the tune file that is in the car I am having issues with

thanks in advance,

Cristian
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    mate got a log on what is happening.....we could offer advice based on what needs to be done to your tune, but that would only be guess work sometimes without a log......have you used the airflow cfg to dial in your R.A.F......Also dude have you got a wideband?........cheers Bret ULTIMATE LSX TUNING

Tuner in Training
    Here is a log I did a couple of days ago, I haven't checked mixtures with a wideband as the car is still missing half an exhaust. I was just trying to get the car running for the bloke so he could move it while it is still in the build.
    I am new to this software and tuning so I am still trying to navigate myself around everything. What do you mean a CFG and R.A.F?
    In the past all I have done is apply the special feature, change the map sensor values in engine diagnostics and the change/raised the torque settings and this has always got the car running. Then tune the car from there.

thanks

Cristian
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    cfg = configuration ... use those to log certain parameters in your tune to dial it in etc......search histograms/ configurations on here and there is a tonne of those for you to aid you in your tuning mate... And R.A.F = base running airflow (under idle section in your tune) it is vital to get that set up.spot-on....park 2 times from cold and in drive. All is good mate we all still learn everytime we tune different cars and something stumbles you and we all need advice sometimes , we all started someday like yourself and was new to it all., we learn from each other ....cheers Bret ULTIMATE LSX TUNING
    Last edited by THE CHAD; 05-18-2014 at 06:53 AM.

Tuner in Training
    The car will idle now but the issue is when I try and press the throttle and load it up the car dies.
    Any ideas?

Cristian

Tuner in Training
    The MAF isn't failed first of all. Need to change the P103 to 1-MIL first error and uncheck SES if you don't want the light. Second, is to 0 out the MAF Freq fail high under Engine diagnostics>Airflow.

Second, What is up with that VE table? It's double in the non-load areas and looks to be still a 1-bar OS.
    New to tuning...My eyes hurt from reading so much...
    05 Sierra CCSB/6.0/H-C-I/4l80/Circle-D Multidisc 3400/3:73 gear
    400hp/380tq

Advanced Tuner
    1 bar is the go on that .....Its N/A with a cam that's called a turbo killer cam .. name cause it beat a few turbo set ups etc.....about 236-237/242 approx. I think 50thou....