Thread: where to pull timing when knock is at g/cyl is higher than timing table shows?

Tuner

where to pull timing when knock is at g/cyl is higher than timing table shows?

Okay here goes i have been working on this for some time. i am new to tuning and read more and more. what the set up here is a 2010 silverado 4.8 rear mount 68mm turbo. mod I have done is short headers, removed cats, turned off rear o2's 1.85 crane rockers (kit with hardened push rods),new maf calibrated for 4inch inlet tubing. the truck runs good but can be better i just dont want to tear it up as i drive it daily 120 miles plus going back and forth to work. if i need to add any more info let me know. the knock is at 1.40 g/cyl and my timing table stops at 1.36 g/cyl thank you
    Attached Files Attached Files

Reduce it in the 1.36 g/cyl row/columns needed. It uses the highest value when the table gets exceeded.
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel

Tuner
    ok thank you will do.

Tuner
    can you look at the rest of the log and tune and let me know where else i can improve

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ke5gnz View Post
    can you look at the rest of the log and tune and let me know where else i can improve
    I'm looking on the mobile site, so I can't open your file right now, but can you rescale your airmass axis in your spark tables in your file?

I'd give up a little resolution at higher airflow and keep it the same in the normal driving areas if you can edit it.

Tuner
    yes it will allow me to change to figures in the air mass i don't know what to put in fir the numbers that is why i haven't done such

Senior Tuner
    The highest I see your g/cyl go in your log is ~1.64. So I would change the last value on the axis to 1.70 or 1.8, then linear interpolate from ~1.08 to the new value...now close and re-open the spark tables, and the new axis will be there. At that point, you can now setup your timing properly in all the airflow areas your truck sees.
    Last edited by MikeOD; 05-17-2014 at 08:20 AM.
    2010 Camaro SS M6. Stock Bottom End, Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

Tuner
    ok will try thank you.