Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I'm stumped on mechanical LNF issue. Suggestions before teardown.

Potential Tuner

Reluctor wheel

Quote Originally Posted by cobaltssoverbooster View Post
    was your motor rebuild and was the head and/or block decked if it was?

have you checked the timing chain tensioner?
    I had bought the hhr with the timing chain problem, I have since put in all new gears and chains on it. and this is not been modified it is stock motor, and I bought the new upgraded tensioner. it runs great it just keeps pulling p0016 code. I did put new valve seals on it and cleaned the head. Thanks for the help crash.440

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    the reason i ask if its been rebuilt is because these motors throw timing codes after they have been decked off a certain distance. once decked to far you have to replace either the block or head, whichever was decked the most.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Potential Tuner
    I don't think it was ever rebuilt except for what I have done the hhr has 88,765 miles on it when the top chain guide plastic part let go. This car was his wife car and he is close to being 70s . Everything that I pulled off the motor was dealership parts including the air filter . I also know if you pull that code because of it being decked it would also pull misfire codes and I think the limit on the head as far as milling it is about 12 thousands of a in.

Potential Tuner
    HPIM0282.jpgHPIM0283.jpg Here are the pics of my intake cam with the first set of valves at the front of engine all the way opened and just showing the reluctor wheel , So is it safe to say it is spun?