Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm stumped on mechanical LNF issue. Suggestions before teardown.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    so if you got a k04+ upgraded compressor wheel
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Advanced Tuner
    Bill,

I upgraded my K04 to the WR3 and have my K04 sitting on a shelf collecting dust. It's yours for $25 plus the cost of shipping and I think it will fit in either a USPS medium box ($10) and if it won't, it will definitely fit in a USPS large box ($15).

I removed it strictly for the upgrade and didn't think about selling it because the turbine housing has a small crack in the divided section where it bolts to the manifold. Let me know if you're interested.

pm'd

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by codename Bil Doe View Post
    pm'd
    Replied to your pm

That crack is very common and almost normal. lol.
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel

Advanced Tuner
    Iambroke, I see you posting a bit for us but no feedback on some of the tables we've discussed such as the PID tables or Cam Tables. Just seeing if you had any comments since you have been around for a while like CSSOB.

Yup they all crack like that. Exhaust impellers don't always fall off, though.

Advanced Tuner
    That's good to know. I thought it might have had something to do with my amateur tuning capabilities that I did before I installed the WR3. I had Nick tune the setup after installation of the turbo and methanol injection system and couldn't be happier.

Loosing an impeller on the ko4 is more common than you think. It's happened a lot on the cobalt forums.

I am broke used to own an lnf but traded it for a monster of a camaro.

I went the other way C6 Z51 -> LNF. I'm guessing I'll be going through more turbos than spark plugs.

Actually, I sold the LNF & got a Veloster Turbo for a DD (stock except intake & swaybar) and sold the '02 WS6 to a chap from Colorado that won many trophies. Next I built the monster corn fed Camaro. Phat Bee is the reigning Garage Queen.

I don't post here much because things have moved on since '11 when I sold the LNF. COB is the resident expert. Most others moved on or gave up.
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel

Quitters! I'm late to the party. Good prep for ATS-V, though. I had an '01 SOM WS6, too. Brings back memories.

resident expert....expert i would say no....do i put enough out to get you to a good point yes but that's all she wrote.

i'e moved on myself.. 1982 datsun 280zx 408 CI LQ4 Pump and goodies in the works. New welder should arrive in the next few months then i can move along on the Rear end conversion and custom headers. Still got a long ways to go but its killing all my free time atm.

Very nice. My friend has a 70 Datsun 510 with a KA that he tracks. Next up is ko4 on it, then eventually an LNF.

Update: Pulled the head today, pistons and valves are perfect. New head gasket and head back on. I now have a freshened and ready-to-go NA motor. Now for that turbo to show up...

By far the easiest engine I've ever worked on. Nothing even the simplest mechanic couldn't fix or redo.

it is pretty simple

Final update, the racecar is back together and purring. Feels stronger, much more like the road car. Pistons, walls, valves all looked great. Looking forward to seeing what it can really do next race.

Nice work Bill!

Potential Tuner

Reluctor wheel

Quote Originally Posted by codename Bil Doe View Post
    Thanks, but I road race. The class I'm in requires showroom stock condition unless specifically allowed in the rulebook. Has to be exactly how it drove off the dealer lot.

MikeM may be able to help me out, tho.
    I hate to jump this old thread but I have a 2007 chevy hhr ls 8vin. over is d 2.2l , now the question I have is about the reluctor wheel on the back of the intake cam, my 2.2l is not vvt, so does the intake procedure lining up the tab apply to my 2.2l ? I have pulled the front cover off and checked the timing marks 5 different times and it is ok and the car runs great . Had a gm tech over and he has checked it with dealer hand held and said the sensors are working right but could not get the p0016 code to go away when I turn my motor over and get the # 1 intake valves all the way opened my reluctor wheel tip is facing straight down in the pocket at about 80 degrees out not even with the top of the head . so has the reluctor wheel spun ? any help would be greatly appreciated, crash.440

was your motor rebuild and was the head and/or block decked if it was?

have you checked the timing chain tensioner?