Thread: Tune lacking throttle response/power

Potential Tuner

Tune lacking throttle response/power

Hey was hoping someone may be able to look at my tune and tell me what I've got wrong. It's somewhat of a bastardized tune I threw together to get the car running. I have a 99 GMC 5.3 PCM, running the stock OS, adjusted everything for speed density, fuel/ignition maps for an L33 were copied over, Idle/trans settings brought over from an 02 LS1 tune. My problem is the car has poor throttle response coming off idle, and it doesn't seem to be making the torque it should when starting off. Any inputs? Or is this just a matter of getting my WB set up so I can tune the VE?

Thanks,
    Chris

93 RX-7
    05 L33 98k miles
    LS1 intake manifold
    F-body accessories
    Drive by cable
    Truck map sensor
    50lb injectors for when I go SC at the end of the year
    Corvette FPR
    1 3/4 mid length headers
    Otherwise stock
    Attached Files Attached Files

Your PE delay is still at 5,000 rpms. Move that to say 1500 for 2000.

Your PE hot/cold throttle % is still 90%. Change that to say 35-40% throttle. Those two alone will help you get better off of idle.

I suggest these two if you are talking about getting off from a stop quickly and wanted to get on it.

And getting the VE set up can help aswell.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Awesome, thanks I'll give it a try! Car also dies when letting off throttle and returning to idle it doesn't "catch" itself

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by MSTRMND View Post
    Awesome, thanks I'll give it a try! Car also dies when letting off throttle and returning to idle it doesn't "catch" itself
    mate need to get a wideband / tune your VE and then once you have got that nailed down then get your R.A.F dialled in (2 times in park from cold and then 2 times in drive) ... once those are done you can then log what is happening when you lift off the throttle or rev it....look up cfg/histograms on here... log throttle cracker/follower vs tps and follower vs rpm and then your decay values. also mate timing can cause dips good luck mate cheers Bret ULTIMATE LSX TUNING

Potential Tuner
    Thank you sir, I'll have the wideband on this week.