Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2005 Cobalt SS/SC Running Rich

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    iat 2 should be its own pid iirc...try to insert new pid into your table primary and it should be on the pid list
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Tuner
    I tried that as well. No dice. I will list how I did it maybe I did something wrong.

under configure user difined:
    name: IAT2
    ABBR: IAT2
    SENSOR: MAP

FUNCTION:
    [PID.222006]

I TRIED THE 2138 AS WELL

ANY IDEAS?

Tuner
    Figured it out for the most part. Forgot to enter in my table first. Sorry new to Hptuners. Learning curve I guess. Lol

thought the value was already in there.

Tuner
    Yea I guess it the learning curve kicking in. Should read the instructions first but how much fun would that be. LOL I found a custom PID on here that I modified to work on the Boost to show vacuum and boost on the LSJ. I tried it and it work out nicely.

Here is the formula I used for my boost pid:

([PID.11.PSI]-[PID.2340.PSI])*(([PID.11.PSI]<[PID.2340.PSI])+1+(([PID.11.PSI]<[PID.2340.PSI])*.04))

I modified ArthurJGuy's post he had for a ls based motor. shows vacuum and boost in psi.

I also got my AEM wideband tied in to hptuners as well. I guess I am ready to pull some good logs after I set up my histo's for my maf tuning. Wish me luck. I am going to probably need it. LOL

thanks for the help guys.

Tuner
    OK I am at that point i want to tune my MAF. It needs addressed after i had my canned tune done. If i reset my fuel trims my WOT pulls show better afr temporarily. At least until my fuel trims start to settle in.

I was reading up on the MAF and VE tuning write up on the redline forum. The one that is listed in the lsj tuning guide. My question is how do i do the set up the MAF error% table/histo?

maf hz axis and plot this custom pid
    100 x (Actual AFR - commanded AFR)/commanded AFR

Tuner
    OK Thanks i believe i got it. I had to enter some more items into my primary table to get it to work. I am going to post my stock tune for review. I think it could use more timing. It looks pretty conservative when i compared it to a stage 2 tune. I could be wrong. I think i peak at about 16lbs of boost according to my logs. I will dial in my Maf. I am hoping this all will make things a little more tidy. I noticed that when my afr are closer to 11.9 or so at WOT after i reset my fuel trims that things pull a little harder up top. If you can take a look.

thanks for all your help
    Attached Files Attached Files

if you use manually calculated commanded afr then you will have to enable a specific filter for your histogram if you have a non-linear pe enrichment table.
    there should be a pid for commanded value iirc

Tuner
    I have basically been following the maf ve tuning guide word for word. I didn't see anything about needing a filter. Just when I thought I was ready to attack this. LOL

Tuner
    I have the pe table eq ratio table flat as stated in the maf tuning guide. Is that the one you are referring too?

yea that't the one but its not recommended to keep it flat. that's old information.

Tuner
    I was wondering about that. So just put it back the way it was after i get my MAF dialed in?

Tuner
    I just tried this procedure and I am concerned because my wideband is reading realy lean when I get into the throttle even a little bit. like around 17-18 on the wideband. Is this normal when dialing in the maf?

Tuner
    Here is my pcm file after I configured it for MAF tuning.

Tuner
    I had my disable and re-enable set wrong. it was at 500 and 100. I changed it to 450 and 350. I think it all good now.

Tuner
    Well I set my PE table flat like in the tutorial. I used the 14.689/11.9=1.2343. I followed directions and loaded the tune. Reset my fuel trims even though i don't think it uses them in this mode. I started the car and loaded up VCM scanner and mad some logs. after i drove around for a while. ( i know that i need to drive more probably) maybe 15 miles or so. I tried to hit all the cells on the Maf Afr error histogram. I was able to hit them all except the top two or tree cells. After i was done i copied all the cells from the histogram and did a paste special multiply by %. into my original tune with the original pe table that was already there. I drove it with the new values but my low end power seems to be off. I did reset the fuel trims again also. My fuel trims are a little better i think but now i feel like i lost some power. Any thoughts?
    Last edited by Speedracer7g; 07-22-2014 at 07:56 PM.

The addition of fuel sometimes requires a raised ignition to achieve same power output. Finish dialing in your fuel then move on to ignition

Tuner
    Cool I appreciate all the help. I am sure once i get this first tune down it should be a lot easier the next time. So go ahead and dial in the MAF more and then move on to VE tuning? Also is it ok to tune setting the pe table flat? As long as i change it back? Also is it possible to tune in the MAF and VE using the my wideband?

Tuner
    Just an update on my progress. I have spent the last few day running logs and tweaking my MAF table. At first it was mostly in the 20% range off across most of the board. I got most of the table in 1's and 0's. There is a few cells that are being quite quirky getting them dialed in to 0 or -1. Just as a test run. I loaded my new MAF table to my original tune. I will test it on my way home tonight to see how much better it works. I did a short test run and my fuel trims seem to be a lot better. I will have to see where they end up on the way home tonight. I will run a log and see how my fuel trims are and where my AFR ends up on WOT.