Thread: Tune Critique Please/ Supercharged 2006 Silverado

Tuner in Training

Tune Critique Please/ Supercharged 2006 Silverado

Truck is an 06 silverado with 5.3L. Vortech centrifugal supercharger with 10 pounds. Cam is .596/.619, 228/234 with 112 LSA. Tune is rich since my wideband is acting up but its rich to the point that its blowing black smoke around 5k rpm. Injectors are LS9 corvette injectors and i have just started fine tuning the VE since the injector change. Please let me know of any noticable changes that may need to be made. Thanks guys!

SD Tune 5-11-14.hpt

Advanced Tuner
    There's definitely way too much fuel above 5,000 rpm in the boost region of the VE table. Fix your wideband or get a new one and keep on working the VE.

I also suggest pulling a degree or two of timing out around peak torque, just for some added safety.

The IFR is not right for the Ls9 injectors. Need to set p0103 to no mill on first error.

do you have a good log and config? It is hard to give accurate direction without a log. I would look up the injector data for your injectors. They don't look right.

Tuner in Training
    these are the LS9 injector data that i found converted from Gen 4 to Gen 3. also im getting another wideband soon. and ill do a log of normal driving tomorrow. also im having troubles understanding tuning the VE. from the writeups that i have seen, i have been under the impression that you turn off PE and BE and tune the VE to 14.7 AFR. Then you go back and adjust the BE and PE to get you to the richer level needed to safely run a boosted application. so i guess what im saying is that it doesnt make sense to run your engine on 14.7 afr when your under boost just to tune the VE, and then tune the commanded afr into it after. im sure im misunderstanding how to tune WOT runs but just seems unsafe to me.

Tuner in Training
    here is the source for the injector data. post #4 has the data

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...r-data-for-LS1

Tuner in Training
    also, i set that code to option 2. no mil light. and i dont get a code. do i need to set it to mil on second error or to no error reported. because it throws a code on option 0, report on first error

Now you have the correct injector data,You will need to start over with a stock ve table. When you disable Pe and Be you are tuning for Idle and part throttle only. At this point you will need to disable any adders before the wideband sensor. Like COT,LTFT,STFT,DFCO and so on. When you finish Idle and part throttle tuning then you will move on to WOT tuning. At this time you will reable PE and BE set to something like 1.310. For DTC's the ECM has to see that the MAF has faild for it to go into SD mode. The code is normal.

Tuner in Training
    ok. went back to the factory VE table and that wont allow it to run so i put it back to my current tuned ve table and it starts just fine. also, im having issues with getting my afr error histogram to work. it keeps saying that it is not supported. do i have to have a wideband and hptuners pro to do this? because i just have the standard hptuners. if i have to have hptuners pro, can i just use the standard and watch my stft and ltft versus what my wide band is reading? and after i get the VE dialed in with the new injectors and get ready to do my WOT tuning do i just blend in the rest of the VE table that is in the boost side of things to start or will the commanded afr take over and be efficient? sorry for all the dumb questions. i had no problem tuning for my cam and timing etc lol i just dont fully understand this VE and SD tuning.
    Last edited by kmbellack; 05-18-2014 at 06:57 PM.

Tuner in Training
    here is the drive from work after doing what you guys have asked me to modify. except for the timing. which i pulled 8 degrees from the problem area all the way to the edges of the table for now.

scan from work.hpl

The histogram will not work. Need the wideband data working for that. Look this over and see if it is something you can do.http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-s...hp-tuners.html

Tuner in Training
    ok once i get my wideband in i can do this. so what is the advantage of using AFR error vs using fuel trims?

The ECM ignores fuel trims at WOT or openloop fueling. If the trim is + it can be add to Pe or openloop EQ thats about it. When you posted it looked like you had the wideband piped in. You still can use the trims for for idle or part throttle and get with in +- 3% in closeloop only. http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...o-and-how-to-s
    Last edited by c.u; 05-21-2014 at 12:08 PM.