Thread: LT1 w/ LS PCM 24X Conversion - Transmission Problems

Tuner in Training

LT1 w/ LS PCM 24X Conversion - Transmission Problems

I know my post are getting duplicitous but I have problems sprouting up on two fronts. One Engine Performance problems:

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...New-24X-system

Two Transmission problems. Just a brief back drop none of these problem existed with the stock PCM and Opti set-up it all worked perfect. But since the conversion to the LS PCM and 24X System its been constant problems. PCMforless.com did the conversion tune and I get very little if any customer support from them and I am really tired of dealing with a company that takes you money gives you a "tune" and then when you have problems just throws some lame response to get you out of their hair. So here is a run down of the problems that have developed sine the conversion.

I currently have a 1994 fully built trans w/ 3800 Vigilante Stall in my 1996 LT1 T/A. I have noticed that since the conversion the transmission has been acting different. Before the conversion it shifted perfect. Now it shifts though the gears real quick at low speeds with little to no throttle input and TCC Locks-up as soon as it hits 3rd gear no matter the speed. It never used to do that. When its shifting through the gears at low speed low to moderate throttle the shifts are real soft and slippy (that may not be an actual word). Under WOT the shifting does improve and is firmer but still doesn't seem as tight as before I've checked the fluid its full right to the mark and is nice clean and red. And yesterday after driving it I noticed trans fluid on the floor. No leaks anywhere then I discovered that the fluid was coming from the vent on top the trans. I was driving it pretty hard high RPM's and Speed over 80 mph ( very briefly on open clear road just to check for problems such as this) It's never done that. So do I need to get a completely new LS1 version trans??? Do I need install a LS1 style trans valve body into my 1994 4L60E?? Does this seem like a strictly tuning issue that can be corrected??? This is all new to me.

can you post the tune up and lets have a look at it. I did my initial 60e tune from pcm and was very dissatisfied. they jacked the line pressure to 130 and left the tcc duty cycle at the crappy stock level. I told them that I would be tuning it with hptuners, before I purchased it, only to find out I cant license the pcm with the vin/os mismatch that's on it. you would think they would know stuff like that. Mine also locks the converter early in 3rd gear and really lugs the truck. I have to put my foot on the floor to get it to downshift and it drives me nuts. I also cant run 2 efans due to some error in the software that needs to be fixed. I have heard of vent issues on the 80e before, but not the 60.

you have a high stall converter, so your shifts are going to feel sloppy in comparison to a stock converter. if you were to firm up the shifts so that you could feel them, you would blow it apart. I cant even feel mine shift from 2nd to 3rd at anything less than about 60% throttle. As a matter of fact, the rpms don't change when it shifts with about 30% throttle.

Tuner in Training
    My tune is in the thread I have attached in my original post

Tuner
    tes96 did you get your tune straightened out? I have a 95 TA with 24x conversion and I had the same problems that's why I bought HPTer, finally got it straighten out.

Tuner in Training
    You could say that. I took the car to Tune Time in NJ to have it dyno tuned. It cost an arm and a leg but they got it right.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by tes96ta View Post
    You could say that. I took the car to Tune Time in NJ to have it dyno tuned. It cost an arm and a leg but they got it right.
    hought
    I see you got yours fixed. I thought I found my problem, but no such luck. Mine is a 95 TA with the 24x conversion, My 1-2 and 2-3 shifts are awesome except for 3-4 shift and it is really lazy. Did they tell you what they did?
    I have heard I would have to do one of 3 things. 1 replace with 96 or newer tranny, 2 replace with newer valve body 3. just put in newer 2-3 solenoid. can some one tell me for sure??????

Tuner in Training
    I didn't change anything. I have a 94 4L60 and it shifts great. I'm not sure what exactly Tune Time did but they got it right. NO parts were replaced all they did was tune what I had and they got it right on.