Thread: MAF Correction Table For Meth?

Potential Tuner

MAF Correction Table For Meth?

Is it possible to adjust the MAF corrections table for meth or do you have to change the MAF sensor itself?

Thanks for any help

from what I understand you just tune the difference in the maf curve if you're using the meth to make power

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by La RPM View Post
    from what I understand you just tune the difference in the maf curve if you're using the meth to make power
    I've got the snow stage 2 maf based and plan on running a 375cc/min nozzle. But with the box being a universal unit it doesnt have fz numbers for the start / max settings and how do i know what to pull out of the curve. I dont mind if it's a little bit rich bit I'd like it to be somewhat close

Personally I wouldn't pull it out of the MAF table... The MAF table tells the PCM that you are flowing XX amount of air when the MAF reads that frequency. So if you are wanting to pull injector out of the tune when the Methanol kicks in I would do it in the PE table. You basically want to keep your airmass characterization correct because it's still flowing that amount of air, you are just subsidizing the fuel side with an external source so therfore you should command a leaner mixture from the ECM/PCM to lower it's demands. Thats the best way to do it without add on box's to manipulate sensors or emulate sensors to gain access to alternate adder tables to manipulate timing and fuel.

I would purchase an E85 emulator box from DSTeck and wire it in so that when Methanol sprays it triggers E85 mode in the ECM. This will give you access to tables that you can pull fuel and add timing with. It's the safest method so that if the meth doesn't spray or build pressure then it doesn't pull fuel from the injector or add timing for the Methanol.
    James Short - [email protected]
    Located in Central Kentucky
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400