Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Needed-Solstice/Sky A5 trans testers

Advanced Tuner
    2009 Redline

Yes, I have the GXP (2007).

Quote Originally Posted by thende View Post
    Pattern A = Cruise (Uses pressure Map X) Which is the same as Normal...
    Pattern B = Performance (uses Pressure Map Y)
    thende or JimmyS:

Does your Auto Shift Properties - Shift Pressure tab look like this?

autoshiftprop_shiftpress.JPG

I was going to select Performance for my Shift Pattern Type - Pattern A, but it doesn't show up on the Shift Pressure - Pressure Pattern Select tab.

Thanks for your help.
    Bill
    2008 Saturn Sky LE5 Automatic
    Custom Hypercoil Coilovers
    375 # Front 425 # Rear
    Koni SA shocks
    Solo Performance Exhaust
    DDM Stage II Super Charger
    HPTuners Calibration (working)

Advanced Tuner
    Mine looks like that Bill except that my Normal, Pattern A and Pattern B all use Pattern X under the "Pressure Pattern Select". Currently your shift Pattern A is setup to use Pressure Pattern Z.

I have my pressures maxed from 236 lb-ft to 384 lb-ft and decided to make them all the same (just like spark tables in the ECM). Obviously mine doesn't select or change tables with the way it is set up and I'm curious to know why yours is different. When does it know to shift to the "Performance" table from "Normal"? At WOT possibly? When in D, I or L? I haven't been able to find that out yet. I think theends setup is different as well - different than mine and yours. Mine is a 2009 Redline.

When I changed the pressures, I changed the Shift Pressure "Upshifts" and "Upshift Br/PwrOn" to make them the same.

Mine is X, X, then (4) Y's. I have no Z.

As noted earlier, my Pattern B is performance and Pattern Y. Normal and Pattern A are both X.

I emailed you bill

i have a 07 Automatic Pontiac Solstice GXP so this new update will allow me to change parameters on the TCM correct?

I have two TCM's my stock one and also a recalibrated one programed by someone else using there own software and just wonder if it will also read the recalibrated also.

Update, I played with this and made significant progress. I then let a professional tuner (Performance Autowerks) take a shot and it is amazing. I recommend this path for you if your unsure. Between the Trans & ECM mods, this little car just scoots. Well worth it.. Thanks HP Tuners and Bill for taking time to work on support for the solstice.

Advanced Tuner
    That's good to hear. Tuning the TCM is the only way those of us running auto's can really raise our redline. With a stock tune, regardless of what was tuned into the ECM, the TCM wouldn't allow it to hit the tuned redline but now that we have the capability to tune the TCM, my setup is happily shifting at 6850. As soon as I get the valve springs replaced, I'll add another 500rpms to the shift points.

While cruising around town, the Sky shifts smoother than my 7 series BMW which my wife really likes and is surprised at.

Yes. mine is at 6500 now, and you get a nice chirp out of the 1>2 shift, with no throttle drop. Very sweet...

Advanced Tuner
    Now if HP Tuners would come up with a way to reprogram my automatic headlight sensor I'd be all set....

Advanced Tuner
    so guys does this mean support for the 5spd Auto in the alloytech SV6's IE commodores say 2006-2014 , trans tuning cheers bret@ultimatelsxtuning

Checking in to see if others have been working on this TCM Tune. Note, I have changed the shift point (RPM & Speed) a bit lower, to keep it in the sweet stop of the powerband on the 1-2 shift, made a significant difference. Now need to test it at the track.

Tim